Converter help needed

Cobia245

I think I brook my stock converter trying to lunch the car in the driveway. The converter was loading up to 1600 rpm and spooling to 7 lb. I need a new converter put I don't know what Stall or Brand to buy. The car is 98% street driven and I drive it every day so reliability with out breaking the bank is what I am looking for. But I want to go faster to lol.

sounds like you probably broke the shaft on the forward drum or the stator on the front pump. Are you sure its the TC?

sounds like you probably broke the shaft on the forward drum or the stator on the front pump. Are you sure its the TC?

No I'm not sure. But the car still drives good, and shifts good. There is a noise that sounds like Pete Jackson gear drive. The noise is only there when the car is in drive at idle, and when you come to a stop there is no noise until the car stops and then the noise builds. Also when put the car in gear the rpm drops low
and then recovers and when you go back to park it shot up over 2000 rpm and back to normal.

No I'm not sure. But the car still drives good, and shifts good. There is a noise that sounds like Pete Jackson gear drive. The noise is only there when the car is in drive at idle, and when you come to a stop there is no noise until the car stops and then the noise builds. Also when put the car in gear the rpm drops low
and then recovers and when you go back to park it shot up over 2000 rpm and back to normal.

ah ok i assumed the car wasn't moving anymore. Sounds like it could very well be the converter. The first tranny part i broke was the stock pump stator. My car still moved normal somehow but it rattled like crazy. A restalled 12" D5 or Pats 10" converter would probably be the ticket for ya. Have the converter looked at to see if it was just a broken fin or if it was something that contaminated the rest of the tranny with debris.

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of the 10" Pats, would the 2800 sound right for my setup?

i like these

West Coast Converter - Torque Converters With Attitude!

Pace3.jpg