Conventional Oil

turbojitsu85

I have a 2004 Buick Regal GS as my daily driver and have been putting conventional Valvoline oil in it since I've owned it. The local Valvoline Instant Oil change place recently got bought out by a new place using Havoline products. The tech tried selling me on there multi blend claiming that no conventional would meet the standard. Saying that because the car is supercharged it would burn threw the conventional to quick hurting the engine. This is the first I've ever heard of this was he right? When I was adamant about keeping the conventional he said he would give me the multi blend at the same price my second question is would doing that hurt the engine in any way since I've only used conventional in it?

typical quick lube employee "expert" , I would be more concerned with that a$$hat forgeting to tighten the drain plug , double gasketing the filter , or dropping the car off the lift/into the pit than conventional oil causing any issue since that is what came in the car when new....

conventional ,blend ,synthetic any will work fine in it as long as the viscosity is correct and meets specification which you can find in your owners manual but I dont think there are any oils on the shelf that dont meet the standards nowadays.

I run synthetic in mine but conventional in my daughters , no oil related issues in either nor would I expect any