Contest Time - Guess this answer and....

tjthorson

Get the last one of my Turbo Buick 2003 Calendars for FREE! (or a boating calendar, I have 2 of those left too)

I have one sitting here left over. I will send it to the person who correctly answers this...

Today I came home to a Com-Ed truck in my driveway. My neighbor was outside - he said he heard a loud "pop" and everyone's electric went out. The Com-Ed guy says that this happens a lot around springtime. Anyone guess what happened?

Answer will be posted Sunday night - at 9pm central or so.....

The Com-Ed truck driver either hit or back into one of the power poles and causes the overhead powerlines to contact one another.
I seen this happen one day on my lunch hour. Two of the lines touched and made a fairly loud "pop" and one of the brightest flashes I ever seen.

James L.

A critter went BOOM? Hiding in the transformer or something for the winter and got stuck? Either that or just alot of water in there. I live in the South...no such problems. :D

Everyone starting to use A/C, and it overloaded and blew a circuit.

Scott

i'm gonna say a squirrel went to reclaim his stashed nuts from the transformer and was SHOCKED that they were not were he left them.

I know magnesium chloride which is a deicer used on roads can screw up power lines when it builds up. So that's my shot in the dark guess.

Mike

The Service guy said it is common in the Spring time because this is the time that various critters are poking around for places to build nests, and make shockingly bad choices sometimes in high voltage areas upon utility poles.
==============================================

Last Spring we started having "static" on a phone line. The lineman traced the line from the phone back to the junction box upon the pole...and a family of flying squirrels' urine was corroding
the connectors...their movement in the nest then caused the scratchy static. (They relocated safely.) :)

Ian and Homeskillet get the prize. Ian was actually first, but homeskillet was more specific.

A squirrel decided to catch some rays on the top of the transformer. There was a little foot on the back of my boat! :eek:

The guy gets the thing down, replaces the fuse and leaves the rest of the carcass with me since "he doesn't take those things with...."

:rolleyes:

You two can email me your addresses - but I only have 1 turbo buick calendar - and I have 2 boat calendars left - so Ian gets first dibs on the car one if he wants.

Double werd! You gotta love stupid animals. Ever start a car wtih a cat under the hood?

Send me a paypal addy, at least let me cover S/H. I'll take the Buick calender...and put it above the dining room table. :D

Aww man...:( do you know what a "Tamiasciurus hudsonicus" is???? Its the American Red Squirrel as I said it had been "Fried" But hey your contest your rules....<wiping tears away> next time I won't break it down to Genus and Species Lol ;)