Congratulations TinMan 10.68@122

turbodave231

Al "The TinMan" ran a 10.68@122 with his UNOPENED stock 87 GN yesterday at Ubly dragway. I was a very cold day.......probably 45-50 degrees and the last day the track is open.

10.68 has to be close to the record for a stock, unopened engine.

What a way to wrap up the season!! Good Job Al!

Dave

What turbo/ convertor combo is on there? Unopened meaning no cam upgrade or ported/polished heads?

I'm not 100% about the bolt ons, I beleive he is running a TA-62, CAS extended stock location IC....................but I know the heads have never been off ( still has factory HG's) and the cam is the original !!!!

Congrats Tim. I think it must be the cold air kit getting the job done. You know they say sometimes having mid 8 second parts don't make you faster if you do not have the rest of the combo, but I think the real secret is the Tinman cold air kit...... :eek:

Great job, that's hauling a$$.

10.68@124.72 w/ factory stk. longblock

Thanks,Dave !

After not having the GN out to the track for almost 2 years, looks like I am back on track. The weather wasn't looking too good Saturday with lots of rain into the morning and humidity levels of 80-88% thru-out the day.
But temps were a nice cold 50 degrees. I still can hardly believe it ! 10.68@ 124.72 w/ 1.50 60ft......Everything on the car is the same as back in 2005 when it ran the 10.90's with the TA-49 turbo with the exception of :TA-62 turbo, 3.5" MAF sensor,"TinMan Performance" Cold air intake w/ 3.5" MAF pipe( v/s 3"), "TinMan Performance" Rear Body Brace , and freshened up BRIAN HOFER 200-4r tranny( awesome trans), and added:eek: a roll bar plus some weight in the rear so the car now weighs in at approx 3625# w/ dr.
Again , this is still a FACTORY STOCK UNOPENED ENGINE. ...YA, I am geeked!
It was a good day. A great way to end the season.

And Congrats to you too Dave!! Your car on the cover of 2 Buick publications and Color-coverage on the " award winning"-Wheelie Master @ the 2008 GS Nat's in GM HI-Tech mag ain't half bad either !!! Thanks again. Glad you were there to share my day at the track.

Al "TinMan" Tylkowski
TinMan Performance Products

Congrats!

Hey Al,
I'm one of the Mississippi boys that ran against you a few years ago in TSS at Bowling Green. I'm pretty sure you and I were the only two cars with unopened engines in the class. It's good to see your car's still flying! BTW......I got your 10.68 beat by .02 seconds! ;)

Scott

Congrats on the new personal best! I was there with the camera :)

If I remember correctly, the 10.68 was your best run of the day and also your last. After seeing your times improve from run to run, I'm sure there is a little left in her!

I will be there in the spring to see you beat it!! Good Luck:cool:

Launch.jpg

Congrats on the new personal best! I was there with the camera :)

If I remember correctly, the 10.68 was your best run of the day and also your last. After seeing your times improve from run to run, I'm sure there is a little left in her!

I will be there in the spring to see you beat it!! Good Luck:cool:

Launch.jpg

Wow!!! that suspention is working perfect, look at the BiT** squad... :eek: Nice lauch..

Thanks for the Congrats, guys.

t-typex1, am running a 9-11 lock up convertor and TA-62 turbo and as Dave said, factory untouched heads and cam(complete factory longblock) w/ an old CAS v-2 front mnt. I/C.

And Thanks to you too Ted A. I really appreciate the congrats from the fastest Turbo Buick on the planet running a TinMan Cold-air kit!!!...........8.45 @ 162 mph correct ?
That's totally insane !!!! I love it !!!
BTW, are you goin to Reynolds next week ?

Hey, Blown Cobra, thanks for the cool pic and the pit crew help !

Scott,(stangbanger) glad to hear from you! Ya, I think we were the only 2 running TSS with factory unopened engines that year at the GS Nats.
Had your beast out pounding on the ported head/cam cars lately?:eek: Hope you're doing well and thanks for the congrats from the current "RECORD HOLDER".... Your record is safe for now as my car is going into winter storage today............................until next year;) ...take care.

Al

Congrats Tin Man, Thats a great time for your setup, I wish I could have been there to see that run!! :eek: I guess the weather did hold out for you, too bad its the end of the season, or is it? :biggrin: Hopefull i can be there when you go next time, dont want to miss that one!!! Nice video Dave R :eek: Cant wait to see the video Al, Congrats again!!!!:biggrin:

Wow

Congrats Al, that is absolutely amazing on a stock longblock!!!:eek: Makes me proud to have the Tinman CAI on my slow brick!;) :D

Thanks Brick !!

Glad to hear you wear your "TinMan" sticker with pride!:biggrin:
I do appreciate that!!

Al

i got to tell you i had to read that list of parts twice,10.6 on the stock motor that's damn impressive,can you give a rundown on the slip and tune?

Al,
Congrats my friend. And great freakin`runs bro!!!!!!!:eek: I wish I could have been there to see you work the times down.
After 2 years off, and only on the second trip to the track in as many years.... There is no question the car is spot on.
Those runs are exceptional, and your patience and drive to achieve your goals is something to behold.:smile: You rock!

It is nice to see Scott post to here as well. The fastest 2 stock unopened motor guys around both living together in harmony!;)

Great work TinMan!!!

Brian

Al,
Just wondering how much boost you were running on the pass? I don't care to tell that I have no idea how much mine was on my 10.66 pass. My 35 psi gauge is a tad over 36 psi when showing 35 when we calibrated it. It stayed pegged during my 10.66 pass......:eek:

Thanks for the Congrats, guys.

t-typex1, am running a 9-11 lock up convertor and TA-62 turbo and as Dave said, factory untouched heads and cam(complete factory longblock) w/ an old CAS v-2 front mnt. I/C.

And Thanks to you too Ted A. I really appreciate the congrats from the fastest Turbo Buick on the planet running a TinMan Cold-air kit!!!...........8.45 @ 162 mph correct ?
That's totally insane !!!! I love it !!!
BTW, are you goin to Reynolds next week ?

Hey, Blown Cobra, thanks for the cool pic and the pit crew help !

Scott,(stangbanger) glad to hear from you! Ya, I think we were the only 2 running TSS with factory unopened engines that year at the GS Nats.
Had your beast out pounding on the ported head/cam cars lately?:eek: Hope you're doing well and thanks for the congrats from the current "RECORD HOLDER".... Your record is safe for now as my car is going into winter storage today............................until next year;) ...take care.

Al

We have been 8.42 and a 5.42 1/8th and hit 164.6MPH at Mid-Michigan at the M13 event. We are going to step up the turbo for next year and it is time to turn up the boost........... shooting for 8.2's and 166 to 167 MPH next season. Next year is going to be for setting personal records and maybe run a TSO event or two. The cold air kit is working great and it is something that you will never outgrow... ;)

Maybe I'll see you at BG this spring if you go.

Great time. :cool: What is the secret to the 1.50 60ft? I ran an 11.02@123 this weekend with a 1.66 60Ft on 275/50 MT DRs. I want to get a 10.XX before I blow my original motor. :biggrin:

Sweet6,
I ran 28 x 10.5 MT slicks, air bags both sides w/ no air in drivers side, 10 psi in passenger side, and leave off the E brake at 12-15 psi boost. Usually get low 1.5s to high 1.4s.