Congrats Dave Fiscus

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Congrats to Dave Fiscus on his 7sec TSO feature in the latest GM High-Tech mag!

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Thats awsome, I will be looking out for it in the mail. What date is coming out? By the way, I love the old Tweaked. I am getting a signed Die cast from Lawrence shortly. I got one of the turbo's off of Tweaked II on my car Fear

WAY TO GO FISCUS!!!!
Can I have your Autograph......AGAIN!!! ;)
Can't wait til my issue comes in the mailbox.

Congrats Dave!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Awesome pass Dave. Keep up the superb awesome work see you next week Tuesday me and chickenman on the way to myrtle beech.

Coooooooool !!!

CONGRATS!!!!

You da man!!! Looks nice! Got another magazine I have to keep forever :)

Just got one question:
Do we have to call you Mr. Fiscus now that you are famous? :D

Appreciate the mention on our biz too! :cool:
Seems you mentioned a bunch... but forgot to get your biz in there :rolleyes: maybe next time... in Hot Rod maybe?? :biggrin:

I got some better wheelie pics of you if they go to do an update :D
Just wait till you see our new website ;)

The best part is that he did the 7 sec pass on pump gas at 14psi! :D
Keep those secrets till you retire! :cool:
Of course that won't happen, he will still be racing his turbo Buick powered 2059 Buick LeSabre with his AARP senior discount like the rest of us! :biggrin:
It's in the blood!!! Once you see/feel it, you are hooked for life!
Now we got to get you to the 6's! ;)
Might have to go to the cam I ran, the 206/206 hyd :)
They said that was about max for the D5, which should be a good match for the stock heads (re-worked of course) that you got :rolleyes:
Congrats again! Been running good & fast for years, glad to see some recognition!

That's my boy!

Dave....
I'm very proud of you for making it into the magazine again. Finally, this time with the correct car too boot. ;)

Looks like they just put the article up on their website too.
Here's the link.

1986 Buick Grand National - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

Couple of pics Awesome pics from the article.

1007gmhtp_01_o+1986_buick_grand_national+launch.jpg

1007gmhtp_03_o+1986_buick_grand_national+interior.jpg

1007gmhtp_04_o+1986_buick_grand_national+turbo.jpg

1007gmhtp_05_o+1986_buick_grand_national+tires.jpg

1007gmhtp_06_o+1986_buick_grand_national+top_view.jpg

1007gmhtp_09_o+1986_buick_grand_national+burnout.jpg

1007gmhtp_07_o+1986_buick_grand_national+engine.jpg

1007gmhtp_10_o+1986_buick_grand_national+photo.jpg

Larger versions of those images.
Just click on the pic after it opens to enlarge it to full size.

http://image.gmhightechperformance....htp_01_o+1986_buick_grand_national+launch.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance....p_03_o+1986_buick_grand_national+interior.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/29147398/1007gmhtp_04_o+1986_buick_grand_national+turbo.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/29147401/1007gmhtp_05_o+1986_buick_grand_national+tires.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance....p_06_o+1986_buick_grand_national+top_view.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance....tp_09_o+1986_buick_grand_national+burnout.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance....htp_07_o+1986_buick_grand_national+engine.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/29147413/1007gmhtp_10_o+1986_buick_grand_national+photo.jpg

I first met Dave back during the summer of 1990. He was working for a local GN shop in Jackson, that I had do some work on my Sunbird. Fast forward to '92 and we ended up running into each other out on McDowell Road. At the time, he had one of the quickest GNs on the streets of Jackson. After I got out of the service in '93, things were still hoppin on that road. We became friends shortly there after. Many many nights of street racing fun with his car. And I remember it like it was only yesterday, Dave telling me if he could only get the car into the 10.00's, he'd be happy. Then at the Buick's at Bristol '99 event, it happened.

Some of you might remember this picture from back then.

DaveatBristol99.jpg

Then it was 9.0's. And then mysteriously, his goal jumped directly to 7.90's. That took him 8 years to achieve his goal and you gotta hand it too him, with all the heartaches he's had over the years with this one goal, he never gave up, never quit and never backed down. And when I say heartaches, most of you know the tough times he's had chasing this goal, it's been a very tough road to travel. All the broken parts, trannies, cylinder head issues, blocks, the list goes on and on. But you know what? He persevered. And I'm proud of him for sticking with it. Besides, if you ain't breakin parts, you ain't makin power right?

It just goes to show you, that Patience indeed is a virtue. And if you put half as much love into your Turbo Buick as he has over the years, you too will be rewarded. This is the 1st official full spread magazine article that his car has been in. The 1st ink he received was years ago, in the Readers Rides section of Car Craft magazine. From there, he's had pictures in multiple GM High Tech issues of TSO race coverage at the GS Nationals, as well as pictures in the GSXtra club news letter. Finally, his car has been featured in the #1 GM magazine there is.

And I just wanted to say, Congratulations my brother, I'm very proud of you. Looks like it's gonna be a very fast year for TSO.
Lot's of guys gunning for you this year buddy. But I have faith.
Thanks for reading everyone and sorry for being long winded.
I get like that sometimes, especially when it's about my boy.

Patrick

The years fly and so does Dave's car

My son and I just got done pouring over the article, nicely done and plenty of props to the people around him, "Going Fast with Class":cool: is still in style.
It seems like only yesterday I met Dave at Buicks at Bristol, he had the hood up in the hotel parking lot chasing a gremlin.
The next day he was shredding the outside of the right rear tire on the launch, seems the rear sway bar had been deleted for racing purposes, a passing conversation about roll control and the benefit of maybe moving up to the ATR bar which was the mack daddy of the day and we parted. Both still have our cars, but mine is seldom driven street car slow and we all know where Dave is.
He and Tony have set the bar for those of us building TSO cars !
My budget dictates that I cut good lights and run consistant "in the field" times <grin> Big slap on the back for a quality car that keeps this breed in the mind on the youngsters

I'd like to say thanks to everyone fot their kind words about the article and my car in general. It's been a really LONG road with this thing for sure. Something about these cars got under my skin over 20 years ago and it's been there ever since. Patrick was right about everything that he said, he and I go way back and have always been brothers. We did ALOT of racing with this thing back in the day and it feels good to be able to achieve some of the goals that I set for the car. None of any of this would matter if I didn't have so many Buick friends to keep me going all these years and for that I'd like to say THANKS!

Dave Fiscus

I'd like to say thanks to everyone fot their kind words about the article and my car in general. It's been a really LONG road with this thing for sure. Something about these cars got under my skin over 20 years ago and it's been there ever since. Patrick was right about everything that he said, he and I go way back and have always been brothers. We did ALOT of racing with this thing back in the day and it feels good to be able to achieve some of the goals that I set for the car. None of any of this would matter if I didn't have so many Buick friends to keep me going all these years and for that I'd like to say THANKS!

Dave Fiscus

Stop tapping yur self on the back :) and get that thing ready for norwalk cause their aint nooo way you could .........

CONGRATS!!!!

You da man!!! Looks nice! Got another magazine I have to keep forever :)

Just got one question:
Do we have to call you Mr. Fiscus now that you are famous? :D

Appreciate the mention on our biz too! :cool:
Seems you mentioned a bunch... but forgot to get your biz in there :rolleyes: maybe next time... in Hot Rod maybe?? :biggrin:

I got some better wheelie pics of you if they go to do an update :D
Just wait till you see our new website ;)

Paul,

Im pretty sure you set a record for most smileys used in one post.... :biggrin:

Dave,

Congrats on your accomplishments. You, Cal and Tony are truly my idols. :cool: