Confirm this please...

C

coach

When I purchased my new turbo, it was mentioned to me that, it is the biggest THS legal turbo you can run. A 67 HPQ with an E cover.
I never really entertained running a class, but this intrigued me. Then I read the rules. I just purchased an RJC 4 inch exhaust, so now I'm out...correct?

Bummer :(

They use an exducer checker to check the compressor inducer. The t04z compressor is legal. Idk what the actual measurement of the checker is. There isn't much benefit in more
compressor with the small diffuser compressor cover anyway. It's more about building the
engine around the restrictions of the class.

2012 Turbo Hot Street Rules

Engine

9. Any single or dual exhaust system (3.5” diameter max for either) is allowed. Systems used must be muffled and exit in the stock location(s). A closed (muffled) exhaust must be
used during eliminations and qualifications.
10. Any diameter downpipe size (from the turbo) is allowed. The downpipe must be routed through the stock location. No flex pipe is allowed.

Unless there is a rule change, then I would think the 4" exhaust is a "NO GO".

When I purchased my new turbo, it was mentioned to me that, it is the biggest THS legal turbo you can run. A 67 HPQ with an E cover.
I never really entertained running a class, but this intrigued me. Then I read the rules. I just purchased an RJC 4 inch exhaust, so now I'm out...correct?

Bummer :(

Donnie, I just came this section to open the rules discussion for 2013 and saw this first. So I would say monitor that tread and see where it goes before you feel left out.

Take care, Kip

Donnie, I just came this section to open the rules discussion for 2013 and saw this first. So I would say monitor that tread and see where it goes before you feel left out.

Take care, Kip
I can run TAI if not THS, but thought it was cool my build was following most of the rules. I dont run a cage, but I do not think it a prob except for BPG.

Thanks

Well Kip, I feel left out now. NO CHANGES are what most are saying. Sorry, but allowing a dual 3.5 over a single 4 which is supplied by a paying vendor to our community is not only a useless rule, but it may be costing him business. If it were allowed, maybe he would sell more.
I guess if I run, I'll go in TAI

Thanks Kip
Coach

Why would you feel left out, you could have purchased any exhaust system you wanted and from the posts you have made you haven't even installed the one you did buy so you could still make changes easily if you are serious about running the class.

Also it appears to me no decisions have been made on any rule changes yet as you can see ideas are still being submitted.

Slow91z said:
Why would you feel left out, you could have purchased any exhaust system you wanted and from the posts you have made you haven't even installed the one you did buy so you could still make changes easily if you are serious about running the class.

Also it appears to me no decisions have been made on any rule changes yet as you can see ideas are still being submitted.

I mean no disrespect to you or anyone who currently runs the class. Kip told me to watch the thread and see what the consensus was.
I was never intending on building my car for any particular class. Then it was mentioned to me about my turbo being "the biggest THS legal turbo". I have most of the components for my build sitting here. I am on vacation this week, so I was reading the different class rules and while reading down thru...I came to the exhaust. Well I knew then that since I don't really race my car competitively, that it wouldn't be a tragic loss if I didn't get in. I go to Norwalk, BPG, and want to go to either BG or the .Com Nats this coming year. I also read about low car attendance and was willing to try and help do my part for the Buick community. I posted this thread in hopes that the rule was a misprint, being I never heard of a dual 3.5 system and I had heard of the 4.
Kip replied to watch the rules thread and see. Well, I did. 5 NO CHANGE votes is pretty clear in the first 6 posts or close to it. I didn't think it was going to get any better.
Please believe me...I'm not a competitive racer nor a trouble maker. Just wanted to help out class attendance and keep the Buick events going. I do qualify for TAI, so please do not make an un wanted change on my account. My builder may not even get my engine finished in time to run Norwalk this season since they moved it so early. I do not run a cage, so BPG will not allow my car to race. "Being left out" was a bad choice of words.
Sorry

Not offended, but as I said pretty sure no decisions are made yet so no reason to jump to conclusions either way just yet.

Slow91z said:
Not offended, but as I said pretty sure no decisions are made yet so no reason to jump to conclusions either way just yet.

Thanks. I'll keep watching. Please do not make an unwanted change.