Computer hot

b231v6

I posted this question in the turbo section by accident. OOOps. But here it is again, has any noticed if their ECU gets hot to the touch? If so why? This after idling for 15 minutes or so. Been having major cut out problems underload. :eek:

b231v6 said:
I posted this question in the turbo section by accident. OOOps. But here it is again, has any noticed if their ECU gets hot to the touch? If so why? This after idling for 15 minutes or so. Been having major cut out problems underload. :eek:

Case temps can get over 115dF, which is really warm to the touch.

With that said, injector drivers first start to *act up* at WOT.

That's one reason, why to have a known spare around, since you can't tell without trying a replacement, if the *hot* really means anything.

Thanks for the answer. :) It's just another thing to wonder about with this ongoing problem. I've done what I can do,now it's off to the local mechanic. Going to see if it's the ignition switch that might be causing all my problems.

bruce said:
Case temps can get over 115dF, which is really warm to the touch.

With that said, injector drivers first start to *act up* at WOT.
Bruce,

Do you think it would be worth it to mount some of those computer case fans with built in thermostats to trigger and cool the ECU if you had room to do so, ie in my hybrid.

Thanks,

Hey I am having the same problem with my car. ECU is burning hot as hell. please let me know what is wrong with yours?
ocerrahyan@yahoo.com just in case. i have a new post in this section about the same question. its about a short.

I have'nt checked the temp. lately. I found my problem to be with the cam sensor,so I did'nt follow up with the ecu heat. Is your car having cut-out problems? Mine was, so I looked for a possible short or break in the wiring. Problem started of very slight and got progressively worse over a year and a half. It got to the point that the car could'nt be driven on a daily basis. After changing numerous things,including the ecu,starter and battery cables,I tweaked the cam sensor cap about an eighth inch. That cured my problem so I left it there. I'm sure glad that cured it,because the next step was to rip apart the wiring harness. What was strange is that car was'nt run for a long time to (I thought)to cause such heat. I'll need to check the computer again to see if it cooler now that the car is running right.

Good luck to you with finding your problem....

Checked the temp. of the computer today. Temp. is alot cooler now that I've fixed the problem of my cam sensor. Maybe you should look into tweaking the sensor a little ccw or re-set it from scratch. The temp.is now cool to the touch. Car was running for half hour,when before after 15 minutes you could almost fry an egg on it. Hope this helps. :)

I should really be writing this info down in a black book. :eek: Keep us informed.