Computer Guru's I need your help please

NeverFastEnuf

I have a sony vaio laptop that a buddy gave me because hes a rich kid and he just got a new one because he forgot his password to his old one (one i have now). Anyways i was wondering if anybody knew how to crack the password or reinstall a operating system or anything along those lines. Orrr if you want to help me guess the password the password hint is "police". Thanks to any help guys.

reformat and reinstall the OS; if its possible. if not, i dont know how to crack password for admin..,

Do you know how to boot into safe mode? If you can do that, most likely you can change or remove the password. I can't remember how to do it on Vaios...

Download Hirens boot cd and reset it using one of many password tools on it.

PM me if you need help getting it or burning the cd and doing the reset.

reformat and reinstall the OS; if its possible. if not, i dont know how to crack password for admin..,

I would reinstall the OS but my buddy didn't have any of the software as he lost it all. And I am currently on the same boat as you haha. :biggrin:

Do you know how to boot into safe mode? If you can do that, most likely you can change or remove the password. I can't remember how to do it on Vaios...

Im not sure how to boot the vaios computer into safe mode. Damn this a real pain in the rear end. And i did not know you could reset your password booting into safe mode. You can really do that?

Download Hirens boot cd and reset it using one of many password tools on it.

PM me if you need help getting it or burning the cd and doing the reset.

I have never heard of that password cracker. Is it free?

I have never heard of that password cracker. Is it free?[/QUOTE said:
Yes, it is free. Sorry, I was covered up with work yesterday and had to finish Dexter season 5 last night. I will post all the info this evening.

Well after a few long and restless nights I can finally say i have finally fixed this laptop. I have to say that Holy Damn does sony make thier laptops hard to restore or access certain functions. But i finally cracked her open and as i am typing this everything is getting restored back to factory settings. Didn't care about all the files and stuff. Well thanks for all the ideas guys!