Comp's 212-212 cam

screamindemon2

Does any body have any feedback on 69-248-4 cl-kit,it is a flat tappet w/212-212@.050&.459in.-.459ex.w/1.55 rockers w/ 112 lobe seperation :rolleyes:

Yeah it is a great cam and it makes real good power. I ran it in my T. Frank

I ran this cam last year and loved it. Made awesome power up top. It felt like my car was on nitrous on the very top as it wouldn't stop pulling! :eek:

The time in my sig was done with a 212 flat tappet cam that has been in the car running for 6 years and counting, on a conservative tune with 18 degrees of timing from start to finish.

screamindemon2 said:
Mike at full throttle told me that a cam wouldn't be worth it.I might gain 2 tenths :confused:

Mike is right. Flat tappet cams are not going to make a night and day difference. A cam is only a small piece to the puzzle. A stock cam with the right supporting parts will get you in the 10's. Its the heads, intake, turbo, fuel system, ecu tunning and exhaust that I would concentrate on. But like frankg said. You still got 8 tenths in your 60 foot still sitting on the table. That alone will put you in the 11's.

screamindemon2 said:
Does any body have any feedback on 69-248-4 cl-kit,it is a flat tappet w/212-212@.050&.459in.-.459ex.w/1.55 rockers w/ 112 lobe seperation :rolleyes:
124+mph on a tired shortblock (100+k miles) long ago with a PT54. That is a great cam if you have heads, turbo, and intercooler upgrades. A double pumper or meth injection will be in order for you if you want to turn the boost up. One 340 is barely adequate and wont allow you to max out the 60's you have.