Compressor wheel upgrade

I spent a fair bit of time grinding things out. Got my 60' down to a 1.60 that still needs work, i left with 7lbs of of boost. I tuned the shift points to 5600 rpm and there is about a 800 rpm drop on the shift. That was an interesting ordeal dropped the pan 3 or 4 times.
My first quest was for 11.49 now it's a 10.99

Got my 60' down to a 1.60 that still needs work, i left with 7lbs of of boost.
60ft does need to come down, looking at the 1/8 to 1/4 mile gains will show if the car is laying backhalf targets should be around 25mph.need to get the weight of the car though

We race at the airport once a year they don't have sensors to record the 1/8th like I said in previous post 6 passes a year unless you go rounds on Sunday made it the final 4 1 year :)

have you about 450/460 rwhp based on et,about 30rwhp less based on mph.its fair to say the car either needs more boost or the converter is slipping power away up top.good news is your not out of turbo.

Post up some logs. 90lbs/min with a 64mm inducer on one of these isn't anywhere near typical. Even 80lbs/min is rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't have logs, this is what Turbonetics told me, has as much flow rate as a 70mm, I cant prove or dis-prove.

Don't have logs, this is what Turbonetics told me, has as much flow rate as a 70mm, I cant prove or dis-prove.
well im not going to show anyone my logs but i will say i have a tnetics hpc 64 that's makes that kind of power and im not the only one who has hit 800+ with one either.

well im not going to show anyone my logs but i will say i have a tnetics hpc 64 that's makes that kind of power and im not the only one who has hit 800+ with one either.

How much converter would a guy need for the bb version. My 61 spool real quick

Well I would probably stick with the .63 and 65 wheel it's fun on the street.

Well I would probably stick with the .63 and 65 wheel it's fun on the street.

Hi,

jmho,

I agree with the 65 turbine wheel...or more.

A TRUE(.63 ) Garrett or Tnetics is a 400-500hp a/r exhaust housing unless it's the bigger PTE .63 (which is largest out of the .63 advertised housings)

Don't see the point of putting that high flow compressor with that small (honda like) exhaust housing.

Tnetics .82 would be a better fit for a high flow 64(65)imo.

Hi,

jmho,

I agree with the 65 turbine wheel...or more.

A TRUE(.63 ) Garrett or Tnetics is a 400-500hp a/r exhaust housing unless it's the bigger PTE .63 (which is largest out of the .63 advertised housings)

Don't see the point of putting that high flow compressor with that small (honda like) exhaust housing.

Tnetics .82 would be a better fit for a high flow 64(65)imo.

So I would see a gain if I had a precision .63 housing fit to my 61? I happen to have one here hmmm.

I am not sure Larry. But you will benefit from switching if you are shifting out at 5600 over the smaller housing. Obviously you will gain up top but lose a little spool down low. It's the trade-off...

Bison could answer your thread much more accurately.

I really would like to understand how the lager housing helps is just the benefit of less back pressure that helps the motor move more air? I could live with a little less spool from a roll it's almost instant spool now if you nail it.