complete '87 motor

complete means pan to throttle body, headers, ecm, harness, flexplate, accessory drive. If that's what it is, $800 is a smoking deal, even if it has problems. You could sell parts and make money if you wanted..

I don't think the term complete engine includes a wire harness or ecm or even an accessory plate for that reason.

Who is selling? Anybody we know or on this board? Can you hear it run?
If it's that one I saw on Craig's List, it's a Hot Air engine.

Who is selling? Anybody we know or on this board? Can you hear it run?
If it's that one I saw on Craig's List, it's a Hot Air engine.

No its not the one on craigslist...my friend Abe that was stationed here in san antonio at the time but now fort hood...he had an '87 gn. its already out the car...he said it ran good tho. I don know if I should just buy an engine so i can convert to the 86/87 drivetrain or just sell my 84 for a resonable amount and throw in some extra cash to just buy an 87...what do you think? I am having trouble selling my 84!!!:mad: :(

heres a pic..from camera phone

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 244
I dunno, that's not what I would call complete. But that's just my interpretation. You would still need lots of parts that won't work off your hot air. It's doable, but bring some cash. Off the top of my head I see a need for headers, turbo (yours might work) and oil drain tube, wastegate, upper plenum and throttle body, fuel rail and injectors, coil pack, harness, vacuum block and associated tubing, and starter (again, yous might work). If I broke a crank or something went wrong with the long block, that engine would be exactly what I would be looking for. I bought one for my hybrid build that truly was complete from the radiator to the trans output shaft, harness, ecm, even the fuel lines and sender for $2500. I understand you already have the trans, but I'm guessing the rest would add up rather quickly.

BTW, I don't know how long it's been sitting, but you might consider removing the rocker arm shafts. Some of the valves are open, and humidity can cause rust in the cylinders.

If you decide not to get it, I will pay a grand for it if he will ship it!

yea ill tell him....but im not sure what to do...what about that monte ss guy thats sellin his motor for 3500 with all accessories and rebuild 8k miles on it...how does that sound? its in the parts for sale...

I've got a 5K motor for sale. It has:
TRW forged pistons
Hastings rings
Erson 208/208 flat tappet
Gm lifters
All ARP bolts
Intake
rockers
valve covers
rebuilt heads

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0001_1.jpg
    IMG_0001_1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0001_2.jpg
    IMG_0001_2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0002_1.jpg
    IMG_0002_1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 177
And these:

Attachments

• IMG_0004_1.jpg
    IMG_0004_1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0005_1.jpg
    IMG_0005_1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 205
Not pictured but also included are front cover, oil pump, fuel rail, all pulleys, dipstick accessory plate, power steering pump, throttlebody, plenum, headers, crossover, idler, balancer and flywheel. I will also throw in a complete electrical harness and an ecu. All for $2800.