Competent Stage 2 Builder/Tuner

gmturbo

Northern Turbo
I know this may have been asked before but I think Buick vendors come and go and sometimes tell you what you want to hear over the phone to get your business. We get our build-up home and the support disappears :confused:

Who are the vendor(s) who are building and tuning Stage 2 motors and have great support and guidance after the build & tune? Thanks

I have chosen Dan Strezo (DLS Engine Development - 219-956-3653) out of Wheatfield Indiana to build the new motor for the Riviera project. Dan is very meticulous and sometimes hard to read until you get to know him. He is closely supported by Joe Lubrant on the tuning side. He has built many S2 motors both aluminum and iron. His reputation is well earned.

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 597
I don't think you can have a Stage II Conversation with out mentioning Ken Duttweiler. He builds, tunes and dynos the motors himself.

-Dan Strezo at DLS, Bobby at RPE and Bill Anderson are also good choices.

my motor was built by weber racing in north ridgeville ohio they bo nice work there well known for stage 2 motors in ohio,had the motor tuned by pande performance ,they made good power

Call Dan at DLS and save yourself a lot of trouble, and get it done right the first time.

-Lloyd

Engine Builders

Turbo38V6 said:
Call Dan at DLS and save yourself a lot of trouble, and get it done right the first time.

-Lloyd

It sounds like you are implying that if one the the other engine builders mentioned were used he would have a lot of trouble. For the engine builders that take great pride in their work and do great work that is an insulting comment. I think all of the engine builders mentioned here do great work. For example we had three stage 2 engines in the winner's circle at Bowling Green last year and they were done right the first time.

If I had a Stage II I would have Weber do it ,they visit the board ,the have innovative products,they alone are a real asset to the buick community...along with Champion,TA Perf,Race Jace, and all the trans builders

Do I get a discount J/K :wink:

gmturbo said:
I know this may have been asked before but I think Buick vendors come and go and sometimes tell you what you want to hear over the phone to get your business. We get our build-up home and the support disappears :confused:

Who are the vendor(s) who are building and tuning Stage 2 motors and have great support and guidance after the build & tune? Thanks

gmturbo,

I'm working with Cal Hartline as we speak, and I will say this, I'm delighted with the follow up service. Cal is as knowlageable as any and he is there personally whenever I need him. This is very impressive to me as he seems to be pulled in all directions by fellow racers but always has the time for me. Here is his cell phone #. (321) 863-2303. Give him a call. :) :biggrin:

I highly recommend Cal !!!

PM me if you want to talk further

George

Oldtimer,

I would take down his cell number unless he specifically asked you to post it!!!

EightSecV6 said:
Pretty sure he uses that number for his tech support John.

Sorry Bill and George I thought this was a cardinal sin like giving up Duttweiler's Bat Line.

John Wilde said:
Sorry Bill and George I thought this was a cardinal sin like giving up Duttweiler's Bat Line.

LOL John, You have to know the ring "code" after (or before)hours to get Kenny....guarded secret!

John Wilde said:
Oldtimer,

I would take down his cell number unless he specifically asked you to post it!!!

John,

In my enthusiam over Cal's follow up tech support, I hurriedly pushed the submit reply button and then realized what I'd done. I felt sick !! Unfortunetly, I was on the road right after posting. I called Cal right away to apologize.

Thanks Bill for making me feel a lot better about this possible screw up. :eek: :eek:

I'll try to take it off in case.

George

Bryan Weber said:
It sounds like you are implying that if one the the other engine builders mentioned were used he would have a lot of trouble. For the engine builders that take great pride in their work and do great work that is an insulting comment. I think all of the engine builders mentioned here do great work. For example we had three stage 2 engines in the winner's circle at Bowling Green last year and they were done right the first time.

Nope Bryan, not at all...and my bad if that was what was implied. I just have dealt with Dan before and know how meticulous he is and how he takes care of his customers. Therefore, I was giving my suggestion/answer to the original post. So really, I didn't mean to imply that anyone can't build a stout S2...that would obviously be ridiculous.

I agree with many, Dan @ DLS is a great builder and he has great patience, as evidenced by my 80 questions a day. I learned so much just from our phone calls it's rediculous. I would have made MANY expensive mistakes if it weren't for him. Can't go wrong IMHO.