Comments made about your car

blklt1z28

So after getting gas the other day I went inside to get something to drink. On my way out a guy gave me a complement on the GN. "Thats a sweet looking ride man" were his words. I smiled and said thank you. He then asked the infamous question..... "What do you got in that thing, a 350?" I kind of chuckled and said no, just a v6. Thats when it better because after I said that he looked at me in almost disgust..... "V6!??.....man, you need to drop a 383 in that thing, get rid of that v6."

I just kindly said nope, this V6 does the job just fine.

This ever happen to anyone else? Or what other comments have been made about your car that just made you laugh?

I have been asked many times what size engine is in the car. Some folks know the score, but many more do not: "Nice Monte Carlo, man!"

I have been asked many times what size engine is in the car. Some folks know the score, but many more do not: "Nice Monte Carlo, man!"

I know, but at the same time it never gets old to me. I always get a good laugh from it. At least with the Monte Carlo one I could still say thanks since I own one.

I've had people ask me if it is the same car from the movie "training day" :ROFLMAO:. I usually hear the monte carlo comment about once a week. I even had one guy tell me about how they would take out the v6's and put in 350 small blocks because they made more power, needless to say after my john force burnout he about pissed himself.

I was at a meet Friday talking to a really nice guy, friend of a friend maybe mid-late 20's. He acknowledged my blue T and said "yeah those GN's are so cool, I'd actually really like to just get the GNX though...now THOSE are bad!!"

I nodded and smiled while sort of rolling my eyes in my head. Then I realized he owned the new McLaren MP4-12c we were standing right next to. Then I felt like an idiot because he could easily buy a GNX were he to get a TR!

I was driving around a couple weeks ago and some guy saw the number on the quarter glass that was from the drag strip. He was like what's that thing run high 12's? I'm like yeah if I let off at 200'. He kind of looked at me and scrunched up his face. Then he goes on about how his cousins, friends, brother, blah blah has an 8 sec car. I was like well have a nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I sense a knuckle-dragging, 350 V8 neanderthal, I like to answer the engine question like this: "It's a fully sequential, port fuel injected, turbocharged, intercooled 3.8 liter V6." :confused:

Leaves them scratching their head like they were just exposed to a Mr. Fusion-powered flux capacitor. They don't even bother with the "shoulda got the V8" crap. :D

Had my wife's co woker's husband who worked at GM back in the 80's saying "Wow that's nice. I remember these cars when they came out. These are nice, but you should have gotten the twin turbo GNX." He didin't say it in a condescending way whatsoever, so that was fine, but how does one work there, and still not know wtf he's talking about? lol. I chuckle internally soooo many times it's pathetic. Just like when I just mounted brand new Hoosier slicks on last friday and went trolling Woodward, and lined up two 911's at the light, and noone wanted to race... WTF. I put all this shit in my car, and the guys that spend over a hundred grand for a new performance car drives it at freaking 40 mph. I cant win lol. DRIVE THAT ***** ****** you pussy! If you're going to peddle that little car then GET A CIVIC, and spend the money you've just saved in gas, price tag and insurance to buy a house in the Bahamas you non money managing nummy lol.

I had one local to my home kid say nice gn and actually sorta knew what he was talking about. I felt relieved that the kid, well younger than me (high school), knew something about our Buicks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I get "Is that a real one" all the time. From the first TTA I had, to this one.
Sad thing is, it would cost more to clone a TTA than just buy one ever since the early 2000's.

I constantly get asked if it is a GNX or told that their friend had a GNX. It seems everyone has had a GNX and the Grand Nationals should really be where the money is.

I had an old lady say to me "Young man, that car looks menacing", I'm 44 LOL!!!!

I had some Mustang guy at a car show ask "Whats it run, about 11.0?".
When I was backing into a spot at a show, there was a Vette next to me and an older couple in it. When I got next to them the lady asked what is on the back, I said a parachute. When I opened the door, she saw the cage and said "You are really in there!"

I'm at a local charity car show (most of the locals know my car runs pretty good) I see this older teen making a beeline for my car, his hat on cockeyed ,pants down around his ankles , chains around his neck, (you get the picture). He's kind of freaking out ,oh man oh man. I start telling him about it and he interrupts, does it have noz? I say it doesn't need it. And he stomps away in utter disgust. Lol. One of the fast and futile crowd i guess.

Last edited: