Come clean guys... How many actually...

BadAssGN

Certifiable Member
Tune your Chips.

Be it a Turbo tweak or Extender ?

I know several guys that just plunk them in and are happy with the results.

There is a ton of power to be had fine tuning your Chip.

Another question, How many of you know that after you adjust your chip
the very next time you unplug the ecm or lose battery power your Chip returns to Default?

Just Curious, I don't mean to bust your Bolls. :biggrin:

Most of the time I just plunk it in and am happy with it. If I am at the track or out tuning and trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of it, I tweak. I do write down what works for me, so that I can come back to it easily.

I plunked it in and then ran my best time ever on 93 octane and alky so I'm leaving it alone.

I've had knobbitus since I was 4. If it turns, flips, toggles, inverts, beeps, clicks, or moans in joy....I'm all over it.

Today 08:49 PM
notacarlo I've had knobbitus since I was 4. If it turns, flips, toggles, inverts, beeps, clicks, or moans in joy....I'm all over it.
Amen to that Brother!!! I think I have a "terminal" case. Jon Hanson:p

I plunked it in and then ran my best time ever on 93 octane and alky so I'm leaving it alone.

What kind of chip did you just plunk in?

I'm not a fan of always having to tweak my extender chip &/or trans+, and really HATE when either the battery dies or I have to put in that emissions chip and I lose all my settings in the chip:mad:

I flipped a dip switch on my translator to adjust fuel at idle so my blm's would be 128. Does that count?

I'm not a fan of always having to tweak my extender chip &/or trans+, and really HATE when either the battery dies or I have to put in that emissions chip and I lose all my settings in the chip:mad:

Dude, I'm with you.

I keep a note book with all the settings and changes I do. so if I need to disconnect the battery, enable the antitheft, kill the batt.
All my settings are recorded so i can just input them.

If you could save the settings or be able to toggle the antitheft on and off I'd be a lot happier.

My Wife is not a fan of the Antitheft procedure :biggrin:

I'm a tweaker!!!! :eek: No, not the junkie kind! :cool: I can't leave anything alone. I'm constantly looking for the next best thing (for the whole car) but especially when it comes to the electronics. I'm addicted to scan tools and engine control gadgets. I suppose one day I'll go to a stand alone system like fast, but I think the stock system can handle just about anything especially with the addition of the Trans Pro. I can't even start my car in the driveway without reviewing the logs and playing with the settings! ;)

In the WE4, I set my Extender Extreme chip and have tweaked it to where I like it, lean cruise, shift light, lockup, summer/winter fan, WOT lockup, BLM shift and low gear WOT fuel etc.

Also have it all written down so when the battery gets weak or is disconnected for service I can reprogram it more easily.

I keep a copy of the instructions for it with the settings in a bag in the back seat with some spare parts and the fire extinguisher. :eek:

The GN has a turbo tweak chip that's dead on out of the box no tweaking needed. :cool:

There's not a ton of HP in tweaking. :p

Unless you are tweaking the boost control knob as well. :smile:

Turbo Tweak chip. I had a Turbo Tweak chip for my combo for several years and when I ordered a new one for alky, Eric took my old specs from my old chip and updated it for alky. You can make adjustments if you want to but since I'm faster now on 93 octane than I was on 110 or higher race gas, and the car idles and cruises like when it was new, I don't see the need to mess with it.

When I purchased my TT chip I did set up my WOT fuel curves as my Scanmaster was showing some KR. I thought it was getting not enough fuel so I bumped it up.

I had to bump it down once the Alky kit was installed.

Between it and the Jay Carter chip that was previously in there, before i started adjusting the TT chip, the only real difference I noticed is the idle is now smoother with less fuel vapor from the tail pipe and the hiccups/hesitation it would sometimes get while accelerating have not reoccurred. (knocking on wood)

Another question, How many of you know that after you adjust your chip
the very next time you unplug the ecm or lose battery power your Chip returns to Default?

I knew this the second I read it in the instructions. Yes I read instructions.