Combustion chamber cc's

Awesome T

Does anyone know the combustion chamber cc's on new aluminum stage 2 heads and Champion or M&A aluminum heads? When I build my stage 2 for the street, I plan on running 9-9.5:1 compression. I have new stage 2 heads, and if I run them, I would have a minor clean-up of the combustion chamber (but not to enlarge if possible), 2.02/1.60 valves, and have only port-matched intakes without porting, all in order to keep the intake velocity high. If I run Champs or M&A's, I would want them fully ported, and biggest valves available. Would I be able to swap heads on this block, and still maintain 9-9.5:1 cr? For this I would have to have equal size combustion chambers, and I don't know how to achieve this. Thanks for your thoughts.

The new 14 bolt Champions i got says there 46cc. The new stage2 heads i have are 46cc. I do have a set of stage 2 heads that are 50cc . Dont forget you have to relieve the pistons for the stage 2 valve config different than a stock style..

Don and Geno, thanks.

I was undecided about which heads I wanted to run on a street/strip car, but I wanted to get started on the short block. Billy A was good enough to send me an email stating that if I had the ability to run S2 heads, why bother with anything else. Since I have everything for the S2's new in the boxes, I plan on running them, but am a little concerned with the mods I'll have to make to fit their taller valve covers in the engine bay. From what I've been reading and seeing, Billy A and Jay C are both running or soon to run S2 headed cars with all the factory stuff bolted up, ie. a/c, steering, etc. That is my goal as well, and still run high nines/low tens in street trim. Seems like the times would be easier to get with S2 heads, but the installation is easier with no cutting when running M&A's or Champs. The car now has been relegated to track-only for the immediate future, so that tips the favor as well to the S2's. Take care. John.