Combo change question?

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
I'm thinking of going from my stock heads to Champion cnc irons. On my (razor's) alky system, I know that I'll be running the controler knob in a higher position, do to the fact that I'll be moveing more air through the motor at a givein psi of boost. My question is, do I need to send my chip (TT alky) back to Eric to have it moded? Or should there be enough adjustment in the chip to work?

You need to use what you have and make decisions before making changes. Bring the boost down and figure it out.. then as you bring the boost up, you'll know if it needs more fuel or alcohol. And by using the adjustments afforded on the chip.. you can give better feedback to Eric.

More than likely you will need more injector DC to achieve more HP.. but what you have currently is working. And after major surgery on the motor, it is best to start with known electronics like at 17 PSI boost.. and work your way up 1 PSI at a time. Observing knock and O2 levels. This is tuning101 ;)

Razor

Thanks, Car's been running great at 24 lbs. boost with 0 KR on 91 oct and meth. It's just that after 7 years of flogging this engine, it finally popped a HG. While I've got it apart, it seemed like a good time to do some ported heads. I do understand that I'll be running less psi for the same, or more HP. Don't worry, I'll start with LOW boost and sneak up on it. I just wasnt sure about the chip's capability, and hadnt heard back from the message I sent Eric the other day. Thanks for a great product.

Mike