coil springs?

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
My car has a right front spring that is weak due to the shock being blown or very worn. I have dual airbags in the rear but the right rear one is blown so the car has a gangster lean to it. Especially to the right. I had the car inspected at a couple places they told me that all the components were good. Except the spring & shock. I waited to fix it because I plan on using a set of KYBs because of price & reputation. Also I am going to buy a full set of springs too. The only problem is that I know that can be a tricky thing. I dont want the car sitting up like it has a lift kit but I dont want a low rider either. I want a slightly lower stance without control arm changes & all the other things to lower it just a little. Can the stance be achieved with a rate wound coil all the way around? Where can I buy a set of four? I know PST has the shocks but I was afraid to try the coils they had. Also I am running centerline 15/7 fronts with 225/60s & 15/8.5 rears with 275/50s (555Rs) Anyone that could help me with ideas would be alot of help thanks!:)

Hello Wes

I'm in Tampa as well but at this time I'm at a USAF school in Panama city. I wrote a paper after I rebuilt my whole suspension 2 years ago and it may be of use to you. It talks about some of things to look out for, etc. I eneded up going with Suspension Techniques lowering springs all the way around, got them from JC Whitney, at a good price even! If you're in no hurry I'll snap some pics of my GN after I get back in town and send them to you. My car ended up about 2.5" lower in front, about 2" lower in the rear. I run 275-60-15 Nittos on the rear with no trouble. I think it sits perfect. I'll be back May 22nd. Shoot me a line if you want to later on. - BB

kool springs

thx bro I would like 2 see how ur ride looks with those springs. That is what I am trying to do is get some feed back on my options. I want this 3.8 lil turbo car to be sweeeeeeeet! message me an email when u get back maybe I can check out that tough ride of urs c ya

www.shox.com
has KYB shocks and they also sell the "Eibach" spring set-up consisting of front and rear progressive springs that achieve a lower stance. 1 set will lower the car about an 1.0"-1.5" and the more extreme set will lower the car about 2.0"-3.0".
I believe that both of the spring sets are progressive, or variable rates. I do not like those springs, but to each his own.
Also try
www.hotchkis.net

coil springs

whats the problem with those kind of springs? Is it the look or the performance or both just wondering trying to get ideas on what type would be best thx:)

FWIW & IMHO: I can only relate my own pesronal experience and preferences here. First off, I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that (Variable rate or progressive type springs). I am more into spirited driving and handling than appearance, but I also want the car to have the proper atttitude/altitude/stance.
I hads a set of Eibach lowering springs, (the ones that lower the car about 1.5") installed on a '87 Turbo regal. It had the proper stance, and the springs seemed very effective when the car was put into a corner, or when pressure was applied to the springs, but on straight level ground and under normal driving conditions when the car was not cornering it seemed to have more rattles than it dod before installing the springs. It also had a somewhat loose feeling when the springs were not under pressure. I would rather have the car set-up with normal (constant rate) heavier rate springs that exibit a constant compression rate. Because there are less spring manufacturers than retailers a lot of these springs are manufactured by the same company, but sold by a lot of companies under different names, brands, and colors. I believe that you can get more information from www.shox.com on Eibach springs. I do not believe that there was anything wrong with these springs, or with the quality of Eibach, only the design. A lot of people do like these springs, especially if you prefer appearance or stance over performance/spirited cornering/handling. Sorry for the long post. Most of the retailers who sell the high performance handling kits/springs are not going to tell you who the spring manufacturer is either, adding confusion to the issue/problem.

kewl

hey man no prob I appreciate the help thats exactly what I need to know. So this site is very helpful. Must say that everyone on here has been nice & its great to be apart of this site. Thanks guys 4 having me.

Aha, just what I need to know.
Roger:
Are they still available for $ 230?
At $ 230, is that front & rear, or front only, or rear only?
If both, are the spring sets both non-progressive?
what are the Lb. ratings?
How do you like them?
I tried to find some on the GSCA web site, but could not find any.
Is that a members-only price?

I have a set of these on the way

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2475276408&category=33582

Brian said they bought pallets of overstock from some place and were just eBaying it all off. When I bought my set he said it was one of the last three for the G bodies. I used the buy it now and got them for $85 plus shipping for about $120 total for the four spring set, new in the box. If I have it right, there should be one more set after this listing.

I plan to use them on my Malibu because I bought a new GM set for the T.