Coil Pack question

gpadilla1071

Does anyone where or who sell a better performing coil pack. I have the AC Delco type, but was just wondering if there was an aftermarket type out there. I checked the MSD ignition website but wasn't able to see one there for these type of cars... Any info is greatly appreciated.

nos4gn.com

Do a search for "coil" or "coilpack." Website seems to be down for maintenance at time of reply though.

Is the stock coil pack under-performing in some way?

This is one thing I've never been able to figure out, how do you know when it's time to upgrade your ignition system, and that it's not something else holding you back?

I'm not sure if my coil pack is underperforming but it takes time to start my car and sometimes I feel a backfire when I'm at WOT. I have changed spark plugs, wires, MAF and still have the same issue. Right now I'm using 15 lbs of boost and I continue to have that back fire/hesitation feel to it. That's why I'm thinking is my coil pack. Right now I'm typing from Edinburgh, Scotland so I won't be able to do any more trouble shooting until I get back home...

I just went there at the end of June. Hope it's fun for you, the northern highlands are amazing, and the A93 up in Cairgorm Park is AWESOME

i have had similar issues, my maf isnt reading 255 af, im replacing coil/module w a sotck unit which i think is fine w .28 gap plugs for quite a bit of power, im also checking grounds which my search have found can cause alot of issues, also getting a volt booster to help the electrical system at WOT...good luck,