Code 31?

philosobrad

Fault code 31? What is it, what causes it, should I worry? Happens everytime I drive the car now.

86 T-type, TA-49, 42.5lb, fresh rebuild.

Wow, just found the solenoid laying in the back seat. Seems the installer forgot to, you know, install it.

SO, I've found the pigtail for it laying on the driver side manifold. The solenoid has two barbs for vacuum hoses. I've NO idea how to run these or where they'd go.

He installed a TA-49 and the only hose runs from the actuator to the nipple at the top of the turbo. There's a vacuum assembly in the trunk with a Y connector.......shouldn't this have been re-installed as well?

I need help.

put it on and plug it back in. You don't need to hook up the hoses. Clear the code by unpluging the the orange computer wire from the battery or take off your - battery cable for a couple of minutes. You can get a manual boost control from RJC.

ive seen guys run their waste gate like that you can just plug in the solenoid so you wont get that code.what chip are you running?

Here's what I've got

Attachments

• font 001.jpg
    font 001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 88
  • font 002.jpg
    font 002.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 90
  • font 003.jpg
    font 003.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 90
put it on and plug it back in. You don't need to hook up the hoses. Clear the code by unpluging the the orange computer wire from the battery or take off your - battery cable for a couple of minutes. You can get a manual boost control from RJC.

Giving that a try now. Sincerely, thanks!

ive seen guys run their waste gate like that you can just plug in the solenoid so you wont get that code.what chip are you running?

Caspers chip with "matching" 42.5 lucas injectors, used, ebay.

Idles rough, stumbles just off idle, then pulls clean. A/F is all over the place, but tends to be rich, especially when the boost comes on.

wrong pigtail. That one is for the evap. canister. The one you want is on the passenger side, looks just like that one. Unless they put the wire on the wrong side to hide it.