Chrome up pipe with 1/8th NPT tap

Rodimus_Prime

Dirty Bird
Anyone make or sell these?, looking specifically for one that has the tap that way I can screw in a meth nozzle and I need it polished to match the maf pipe thats already on the car

Anyone make or sell these?, looking specifically for one that has the tap that way I can screw in a meth nozzle and I need it polished to match the maf pipe thats already on the car

you can get them here... INTAKE & UP PIPES or most of the other Turbo Buick vendors...drill and install nozzle where you want it...very easy to do.

i dont weld and i need a screw in type so those are no better than stock other than being polished

no welding involved...they do not come with the nozzle fittings installed. All you need to do is drill a hole, de-burr, and install the bulkhead fitting that comes with all alky kits, very simple...takes maybe 15 minutes to do.

Several Up-Pipes are available from various vendors: stock replacement (steel), chrome plated steel, stainless steel (natural or polished), and aluminum (natural or polished). Also available in stock 2 1/2" and larger 3" sizes.

I got my 3" inch pictured 1st below from Up Pipes

I also have my older chrome stock size already drilled for alcky pictured 2nd below. There is a small dent, barely noticeable that I'd sell for $25 + shipping.

motor052007-4.jpg

te44.jpg

You have to be careful where the hole is in relation to the tank. Better ask whoever your getting your kit from about this. :cool:

Just think.. the kits I make where developed on a TTA in 2003.. :wink:

what exactly does the hole have to do with the tank or pump?

I believe Razor's kit (Alky Control) requires the nozzles to be mounted up top on the up-pipe near the TB preferably on the sides at either 3:00 or 9:00 and not down at the bottom.

Attachments

• TTA Engine.jpg
    TTA Engine.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 173
yea you would want 9 or 3 with pretty much any setup, ill be running the AEM progressive setup

May want to reconsider the AEM universal kit vs. the ALKY Control http://www.alkycontrol.com kit specifically designed for the TTA. It is not a universal kit...comes with everything you need along with the best possible service you will get right here on this board direct from the manufacture and company owner (RAZOR). Like he said these kits have been in sold and use for the TTA since 2003. This kit is probably used by 75% or more of the TTA's running alcohol injection. The install is extremely clean both in the engine compartment and inside the car as well. You won't get much help on the Turbo Buick boards with tuning and trouble shooting using a predominantly tuner universal kit sorry to say.

Your choice but in the long run I think you will be sorry you didn't go with a Turbo Buick designed alcohol kit. Most that have gone down that road eventually switch over after many headaches and poor support. Remember these cars are 20+ years old...not a lot of people out there building stuff for them or even interested in doing so...Turbo Buick vendors are very rare and GOLD in out book :cool:

I'm not sure what you mean by siphoning but any kit I've ever used in any of my cars uses a checkvalve, no fluid gets by unless the system is spraying. I got news for ya if your not using a checkvalve I don't care if your pipe is 10ft higher than your tank or pump, your going to suck it all out of the tank just driving around. I don't use those junky solenoids either. Not everyone uses a checkvalve, again not all kits are designed properly either.

If its specifically designed why is it using a nozzle that is completely wrong for the application, theres no need for a M15 unless your running 1000hp. Pretty much any vendor outside of here whether it be AEM, Coolingmist, Snow Performance, Devils Own, etc. Pretty much any one of them would tell you a M15 is a completely wrong selection for a nozzle choice for this car.

No offense to the vendors but that kit looks like something from 2005 I made myself using home depot parts. What people on here may not realize is the level of quality thats gone into water injection kits just in the past 4 years alone. Pretty much all kits prior to 2006 or so in the industry all had the usual parts, boost switch, relay, sureflo pump, etc. They may want to get with the times a little bit and work on the look of the product, I have zero desire to have something that looks homemade in my car much less at $150 more than other kits that look better and have better options as far as progressive control.

Support isn't a good enough reason to go with a kit that isn't designed well and isn't set up properly for the application. One of the problems I've noticed with this community as a whole is that they don't seem to catch on to new products outside of what they are currently using even if they are far superior. I kind of dislike the way that everyone on here acts like this one kit is the only one that will work, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

Again not trying to bash vendors, I appreciate the input but I'm just calling it like it is.

Okay then...I guess all of us in this "community" have been set straight!

Let us know how your real kit works out for you.

And your off to great start!

I'm not sure what you mean by siphoning but any kit I've ever used in any of my cars uses a checkvalve, no fluid gets by unless the system is spraying. I got news for ya if your not using a checkvalve I don't care if your pipe is 10ft higher than your tank or pump, your going to suck it all out of the tank just driving around. I don't use those junky solenoids either. Not everyone uses a checkvalve, again not all kits are designed properly either.

If its specifically designed why is it using a nozzle that is completely wrong for the application, theres no need for a M15 unless your running 1000hp. Pretty much any vendor outside of here whether it be AEM, Coolingmist, Snow Performance, Devils Own, etc. Pretty much any one of them would tell you a M15 is a completely wrong selection for a nozzle choice for this car.

No offense to the vendors but that kit looks like something from 2005 I made myself using home depot parts. What people on here may not realize is the level of quality thats gone into water injection kits just in the past 4 years alone. Pretty much all kits prior to 2006 or so in the industry all had the usual parts, boost switch, relay, sureflo pump, etc. They may want to get with the times a little bit and work on the look of the product, I have zero desire to have something that looks homemade in my car much less at $150 more than other kits that look better and have better options as far as progressive control.

Support isn't a good enough reason to go with a kit that isn't designed well and isn't set up properly for the application. One of the problems I've noticed with this community as a whole is that they don't seem to catch on to new products outside of what they are currently using even if they are far superior. I kind of dislike the way that everyone on here acts like this one kit is the only one that will work, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

Again not trying to bash vendors, I appreciate the input but I'm just calling it like it is.

m15 more than any one needs , sounds like you got it all figured out already with out ever trying , let us know how that goes for ya when you put theory (or internet know it all logic) to the test

m15 would be overkill if all i wanted to do was run a second faster than stock on 93 octane or want to run under 550 hp , but when your spraying meth and can pull fuel or have fuel pulled by your chip maker then there is no downside to running as much meth as you can spray in and control
running an M15 and an M10 here , wouldnt try for low 10s or faster with heavy car making 600 +rwhp without them , my iats are usually 30 deg below inlet

Its not internet thoery, I'm running a 320whp supercharged car right now with a 550cc/min injector which is far more than even that needs.

I have no desire to run 10s, anything faster than 11.5 requires a cage which I'm not going to devalue the car by doing. High 11s, thats plenty fast for me.

Well Julio, there is it. I guess you are a complete moron who never even raced a car eh? How have you been so successful with the Corvettes, Mustangs, tuners, and of course the Buicks with a ****ty kit?

rodimus, I'm running an M15 at low 11's and have maxxed out the pump. I have a dual nozzle which I think is M15 and an M10 but I'm not even sure.

Don't come bitching to us when you blow your motor.

Jason

Perhaps your not understanding, I have no intentions to race this car, I don't care how fast it is, I'm not tuning for methanol and adding timing, I'm using it as purely a knock suppressant with a smaller nozzle.

Its OK. A person can spend his money any way he chooses. And life is all about decisions. Some good, some bad. Eventually every decision has a consequence. I came to help him by advising to watch out for the hole placement, and what I got back was a dis of my product. No good deed goes unpunished :cool:

I just hope you dont copy what I do and go about it on your own, since those companies know more than I will ever know about injection on a Buick engine. And nozzle selection.. yup... go with their recomendation.

As Grumpy says.. "Give it a whirl.. let us know how it goes" :D