Chrome Alt case for 87 grand natinal

Scarab

I am looking for a chrome alt case for my gn, were can i get just the case. Dont need the pulley or fan.

it states 1973 to 1986. I have a 87 which was not v belt. is the case the same or do I need a different one. like
Alternator Case Kit 7500I

I'm interested too, but mine is an '86 GN. I assume the JEGS 10150 would fit the bill to dress up my stock alternator?

I tried many different sources for this. No one has the correct case kit.
However you can buy a new complete chrome alternator.
It would be a job to smooth and polish the case.
I thought about having the case powder coated.

RL

Right, polishing cast metal is probably not worth the effort. If it were aluminum or stainless steel, that's another story.

Took mine apart 15 years ago & had the case nickel plated. Costed around $100. Then had the alternator rebuilt with heavy duty parts. Haven't taken it off the car since & still a sparkling shine for about $150.
20160505_135941.jpg
20160505_140108.jpg

Thanks! I use Autosol on the polished aluminum & a bit of windex on a rag for the chrome heat shield & nickel plated alternator.

Last edited:
I was recently given a quote for $150 to chrome plate the cases, fan and pulley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, i know they are out there somewhere. wonder where Kirbans gets his cases from. Someone makes them. hate to go thru all the trouble of taking it apart and waiting on the cases. Really hope i can find a case.

Please share if a source is located. From what I understand it is discontinued.

Our alternator is a early style CS144 series.