China Headers

re

I was adding some vortec heads and seen site for chinese vortec intake for like 100 bucks, site was pro products er somthing, big talk on sand casting and nice pics with all kinds of dyno data so anyway the manifold came and of course i could tell it came from china and should have been at harbor freight. it was junk.

well i thought id try again with an imported ramshorn exhaust manifold 2.5 inch for my 61...GM one is like 300 each and this one was $125..well it came and walla junk again with crappy casting, bad welds and slag everywhere.

I may be new to the v6 turbo game but i dont think id try and save some dough to have one of them crack and fall apart as im puttin it to the wood.

Chinese steel blows although some might have luck with some stuff, I havent and prolly wouldnt ...with all the luck ive been having since i aquired this T but im a glutten for punishment

Confucious say good food not cheep and cheep food not ----

Weld up your stockers and be done with it. This is one product I do not believe will stand the test of time. Thanks for the info.

I was adding some vortec heads and seen site for chinese vortec intake for like 100 bucks, site was pro products er somthing, big talk on sand casting and nice pics with all kinds of dyno data so anyway the manifold came and of course i could tell it came from china and should have been at harbor freight. it was junk.

well i thought id try again with an imported ramshorn exhaust manifold 2.5 inch for my 61...GM one is like 300 each and this one was $125..well it came and walla junk again with crappy casting, bad welds and slag everywhere.

I may be new to the v6 turbo game but i dont think id try and save some dough to have one of them crack and fall apart as im puttin it to the wood.

Chinese steel blows although some might have luck with some stuff, I havent and prolly wouldnt ...with all the luck ive been having since i aquired this T but im a glutten for punishment

How do they look? This is the 2nd run, right? You had posted some pics of the first ones.
Can you post pics?
I'll give em a try if they look OK.

The post was started to notify people that have been waiting for this product that it is now available. I'd would appreciate if it wouldn't start into a flame war. :frown:

Sam is a good guy, I'm looking forward to see what he can offer to the Turbo Buick community, give him a chance. ;)

Good Luck Sam. :biggrin:

Here are some pix...

Attachments

• IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 805
Some more

Attachments

• IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 792
This production run is great... All correction have been made.

If anyone still has the second production run header and has not gotten the replacements, please let me know! We sent most of them out last friday!

I recieved one in the mail yesterday, was it from you?

I didnt get a email about it coming, but i assumed it was a upgraded header over the last one.

And for the comment about just weld up your stock header, thats fine for a garage queen, but ive gone thru 3 sets of rewelded headers on my daily driver in the last year and a half. All sets were correctly tig welded by a professional welder, actually the guy who used to weld up the DC tech turbo shields.

Mine all cracked in different spots, both sides, and you can clearly see that the welds are not breaking...

Thanks

BW

Attachments

• 100_4501 (Small).jpg
    100_4501 (Small).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 758
  • 100_4502 (Small).jpg
    100_4502 (Small).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 752
  • 100_4503 (Small).jpg
    100_4503 (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 751