Chili Cook-off & tech session next weekend!

HRpartsNstuff

Just a reminder & to let people know that might have missed it:

Chili Cook-off & tech session next weekend at ANS's shop in Chicago area. We will be there to take part in the fun & hopefully help some of you to go faster & safer. It's on Sunday the 9th, and a LOT of fun & info for those that have never been to it.

Here is a link to the Chicagoland chapter:

http://chicagolandbuick.org/

I sent Loyd an e-mail to post the details here for easy access too. Great bunch of people that are a lot of fun!

If anyone wants me to bring any products for them to save on shipping & possibly get a cash discount, please let me know. We can take credit card orders before Friday the 7th & deliver to the cook-off too. That goes for our own parts & turbo's, axles, etc, etc.
Thanks & hope to see a lot of you there :)

Yeah and if anybody wants see my cool self I'll be there too! j/k
Thanks for doing these sessions Paul, good to have vendors that still care. Maybe since I'm a nice guy and a customer, you could use my car to show pinion angle adjustment? It will be there, inside and nice and dry, and pretty clean underneath. I'm only half serious Paul. Its just a topic that many overlook and would be a lot easier to grasp with a visual demonstration. Or maybe you can just show me? I'll spin the wrenches! Thanks for the help with the axles and those bungs, I know me and Pete both appreciate it!

I hope a lot of people show up, winter has really sucked so far. I'm staying there saturday night, so if anybody wants to hang out or perhaps visit the local gentlemans club, were game! I'm just psyched up because Pete is installing my FAST ecm saturday, and I'll actually get to drive the car a little! Seriously people, its a good time and Paul knows his stuff, very educational! Lots of good people and good chili, and enough ventilation to keep it pleasant. And Pete sometimes has deals on parts during these tech sessions. Hope to see you there!

Me too!

I put the DS motor mount on that I bought at last year's tech session. Works great!

I want to add an EGT gauge and could use some 1/8 NPT bungs. I'll take four if you can bring them along. :)

Do you have a DS mount with the softer urethane that fits a 4.1 production motor?

Originally posted by b4black
Me too!
I put the DS motor mount on that I bought at last year's tech session. Works great!
I want to add an EGT gauge and could use some 1/8 NPT bungs. I'll take four if you can bring them along. :)
Do you have a DS mount with the softer urethane that fits a 4.1 production motor?

I will have the 1/8 npt bungs in stainless steel for you. We do drivers side "stg" mts with the softer poly on special request. We just want to make sure it isn't going on a 1000hp stg II :)

I will bring one of them with we just in case.

As for a pinion angle demo, why not! Sounds like a good hands on thing. It might be hard for everyone to see, but we can do it a couple times so everyone gets a look at it.

Any other good ideas, let's hear them!

Paul,

You can put those Champion heads on my car that I probably get from you, if you don't mine. :D :D :D Just joking. Thanks for your support.

Mike

Is this for Chicagoland members only or can a outsider from Indiana show up?

Sounds like it might be a good time. :cool:

Dale,
All are welcome. If I would have known you were coming, you could have save on the shipping of those Moroso springs.
:)

Meeting & Technical Session
Sunday; March 9, 2003; @ 10:00 am
ANS Performance & Engineering
2900 Soffel Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160

Pete Barton will host our session at his very clean professional facility. ANS has provided service for Turbo Regal owners since 1987, including sales, service and installation. ANS provides general maintenance and performance upgrades for mild street through all out racecars.

Our Technical Session will feature Paul Ferry with HRpartsNstuff and Mike Phillips owner of Automotive Machine & Performance in Owensboro, KY These guys bring a wealth of information to our members.

We are also having a chilli contest so be ready for a treat . . . :)

Members and non-members of our chapter are welcome.

Please bring chairs to the Meeting and Technical Session.

For more details here is a link to our flier:
March Meeting and Technical Session

SWWEEEEEET!!! Thanks Paul! Should be very informative, can't wait!

Like Lloyd said, all are welcome, the more the better. And it won't hurt to join up while you are there, its worth the membership just for the dyno sessions twice a year. Good club with great members, not a bad person in the bunch. See ya!

Man this really sucks. I'll be flying back from Florida Sunday night thanks to work so I'll miss another Club meeting. I guess working in Florida is a better reason for missing a club meeting then my last one wich was geting my ass kicked by 15 guys with golf clubs.:( Personally I think that my chilli would beat everyone elses in the cook off.:p

You're going to have to prove that to us sometime. Jeremy.

We had a detail class yesterday with the BCA, and there are a lot more men making chili this year than every before. One guy has 4 kinds of meat in his - including deer meat.

I won't rub it in too much, but this should be a good time!

Shari B.

:D

P.S. - Sam, I sent you email about Aaron - is he still around? Where are you staying Saturday night?

One guy has 4 kinds of meat in his - including deer meat.
Ok I retract my previous statement.:D That sounds like it is better than mine already. I love deer meat. But my chili is really damn hot.

Sorry Shari, I didn't forget you. I'm going to send you an e mail after work with his address. He will be at the meeting sunday, He just had surgery on his sinuses and is down for a few days. I forgot his address and didn't want to bother him right now. I don't know where we are staying, got any suggestions? I'd like to be close to ANS. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I love chilli

Your killing me Shari, quit talking about food I'm starting to drool. 6 more days then I'll see some good friends, good tech info and some good food. Can't wait. I'll be the first one there. :D

Recipe for REAL Buick go-fast chili:

Brown 2 lbs of broken crankshaft,
Add 3 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic for sauce,
Add a little locktight, moly break-in, & assy lube for spices,
Substitiute extra nuts, small bolts, and valve seals for beans,
Substitute metal remains from bottom of oil & trans pans for cheese,
Then sprinkle some dried RTV lumps & broken turbo blades on top!

Yummmm! :)

For spicy version, just add C-116 race gas! :D