Chicagoland Dyno Day 4/18/09

Im going to try and make it their after work since it's only 20 plus minutes from me.
Wile87 i will call you the minute i finish so i can pick you up,should be done by 10:30 or so

are planning to stay after you dyno your car?Me and brother larry should be their about 11:00

Yeah I'm going to hang around for a while. I want to see some good pulls, but I don't want to see broken cars. Mild tunes guys. I ran 18 psi with pump gas and alky last year to get my 404hp. The SBC im going to bring this year is a budget build. Im not going to spray it just some motor pulls.

loyd the huge slice of pizza was good ,thanks for the food,all by the way the dyno was also great.Was able the see some good numbers today.was any one keeping track of them?maybe some one can post the numbers of all the guys.
Well i hope the next dyno my super slow gn will be ready for some heartbreaking low numbers:eek:

had a good time today and met some great people today. everything was great except for the putz that called the cops instead of just walking across the street to ask us to move the cars from his EMPTY parking lot. thanks for the food and drinks sharri and loyd, look forward to seeing you guys again

Glad you guys had a good time! I'm sorry that we only had 5 cars show up - sounds like a lot of engine thrashing has been going on.

Mike, you'll probably have to wait until next spring for another dyno day with us. After having the poor turn out, and the price of things that keeps going up, we'll probably just have one a year for at least next year. We'll have to see...

Loyd has the paper with the names, cars and numbers in the car, and he's at a car show right now. When it comes in, we'll post it here and on Chicagoland.

And how about that pizza??? That was awesome - and the funny thing was only 1 little slice left!

Thanks again for joining, Wile87. I hope we'll see you at some more events. Race at Byron next Sunday.....

Hey Shari,always a great time when i get my buick fix pill for the week:biggrin: i guess i will see Loyd at the Dust off Cross Road buick show in west chicago.

Hey Shari,always a great time when i get my buick fix pill for the week:biggrin: i guess i will see Loyd at the Dust off Cross Road buick show in west chicago.

When and where is this show? I am a member but can't find my newsletter. Thanks- Brad

When and where is this show? I am a member but can't find my newsletter. Thanks- Brad

May 9th on a saturday in west chicago,i can't remember the Buick dealer name sorry.I will see if i can find mine newsletter to give you more info

Well, I'm hoping he makes the show. We leave for BG the next day - lol! I guess it won't be a problem....

Anyway,here are the numbers:

01 - Jason Jamerson - Monte Carlo w/350 SBC - 245 HP - no torque reading
02 - Darryll Ahmed - 1986 GN - 271 HP and 345 torque
03 - Loyd Bonecutter - 1986 Regal T-Type - 391 HP
04 - Rich Fitzmaurice - 19971 GSX - 502 HP and 675 torque
05 - Bill Sayatoni - 1986 GN - 404 HP and no torque reading

I think we all did pretty darned good!

Sorry I didn't make it. Got it together at the last minute and warmed it up then it won't start. Flooded it and then the starter failed!!! Glad my brother didn't dyno his my son found his fuel pump is not up to par. Don't go up pound for pound. Boost/fuel pressure.:eek:

Steve

i have to admit that the dyno shop was pretty cool place with all their race ready Subaru Impreza's WRX STI cars.One of the guys that was driving the cars on the dyno even said that this was his best dyno session ever:biggrin: ,and that he only got a small taste of buick power