Check it out! New hood pads

I have been looking for an original style replacement for my car for a long time. I a budget builder and can't afford a $800 and don't want a non Original style hood pad. Thank you ahead of time for going through the trouble and effort. Much appreciated sir.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have been looking for an original style replacement for my car for a long time. I a budget builder and can't afford a $800 and don't want a non Original style hood pad. Thank you ahead of time for going through the trouble and effort. Much appreciated sir.

Amen!! That's what i like to hear and my objective.

This looks amazing. Finally there is one out there I can afford.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this.

Now I have to figure out how to get one to Canada.

I would prefer to do it myself, while I appreciate the effort you put into it I'm not happy with that example in your pic as the lettering is off.

If I could get a pic of what I would receive before purchasing one so I wouldn't have to send it back if I wasn't happy if the lettering wasn't quite where it should be situated.

Otherwise they look good.

I would prefer to do it myself, while I appreciate the effort you put into it I'm not happy with that example in your pic as the lettering is off.

If I could get a pic of what I would receive before purchasing one so I wouldn't have to send it back if I wasn't happy if the lettering wasn't quite where it should be situated.

How about I send you a side by side and you tell me which is which?

I can tell you the same as others. You're welcome to show them off but if you try and sell them on the board then it's a no-no. If you sell them on evilbay post a link in the evilbay section.;) What we had for a long time is sellers (TA Performance, GN collectables, and a few others) were making parts and selling or advertising them without restriction and no $ was going into the coffers to support the board. As they're caught they've been given the choice of paying or leaving. Sadly, TA and others have decided not to pay so they aren't allowed on the board anymore.:(

As it should be.
I sometimes wonder about some of the perpetual "Parts for Sale" ads - where - were I a bettin' man - I would wager some people are junkyard diving and reselling.
Like - I have these 6 vacuum brake units - all were functioning perfectly when taken off my car. :rolleyes:
I love the junkyard as much as anyone - I just don't sell the stuff - unfortunately for my garage! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

That reminds me of another great line
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln - how did you enjoy the play?"
:D

Yeah - I like that idea too
A contest if you will.

Better yet, how about everyone take your present hood pad picture, and post them on board so we all can compare them.
As I mention before I purchased mine many years ago from a dealer for future keeping, until the IC hose blew off and damaged the original nine holes hood pad. As you can see nothing is perfect, but close enough to look as original from OEM eight holes.
Mine is the close up one as the further away one is the new comer.
In fact the new comer looks better then what I have right now
Please let me know how much and when the new hood pads are available

Attachments

• 87 GN 068.jpg
    87 GN 068.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 235
  • Hood pad aftermarket type.JPG
    Hood pad aftermarket type.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 254
As it should be.
I sometimes wonder about some of the perpetual "Parts for Sale" ads - where - were I a bettin' man - I would wager some people are junkyard diving and reselling.
Like - I have these 6 vacuum brake units - all were functioning perfectly when taken off my car. :rolleyes:
I love the junkyard as much as anyone - I just don't sell the stuff - unfortunately for my garage! :D
You have no idea how many have been caught and kicked off. One was even manufacturing models and collectibles on a scale that would surprise you. He's not here anymore to say the least.;)

You have no idea how many have been caught and kicked off. One was even manufacturing models and collectibles on a scale that would surprise you. He's not here anymore to say the least.;)

The guy you just described sounds just like Sant!a Claus.
Did he have an IP assigned to somewhere in the North Pole by chance? ;)
That's cruel to have kicked out Santa and his elves just before Christmas!
Think of the children:D

I know it cost to run any board and I’m not flaming you Charlie or the board by any means. Just thinking how do we encourage innovation for these cars that we so love….

Fact of the matter remains, requiring a small back yard guy that has never had any experience selling a product to pay their dues in order to sell one item they came up with on any web site is hurting all of us. It actually hurts a free exchange of information and ideals. I’m not saying this is true for the vendor that is trying to sneak in and fly under the radar to dodge dues, they need to be booted. This community is small enough, the last thing we should do is discourage people from posting new parts & new ideals for sale. A lot of people making these parts aren't making a living at it and don't have deep pockets to sustain advertising the way a vendor doing it full time does. Requiring these back yard innovators to pay to play just keeps their new products off of our computer screen, out of our hands and off our cars where we never hear about them.

I don’t know what the answer is but…

Maybe an ideal to have an “Innovation of Products Section” on the board and allow the backyard guy to show something off for 1-6 months or so at an enter level cost of advertising by the month, then make a decision as to whether his ideal is profitable or not to continue on. Seems like that would help encourage innovation to continue for these out dated dinosaurs to live on by the person just tinkering around in the garage.

Again not slamming anybody or the board, just got to thinking how do we encourage new backyard innovation to come to market rather than snuff it out?

Why not pay a small fee to the board and call them Turbobuick.com hood pads? A portion to you to cover manufacturing + a % and a % to the board. Why can't TB.com be a vendor in itself for the innovation section?

As James found out, the fees aren't that much considering that you get to advertise on one of the top 100 boards on the net. Yes, we're on the top 100 list.:D What happens is people get greedy and want all they can get out of the board without having to give back.:mad: The board is designed so that everyone can participate but there are quite a few that only go to the for sale sections to try and figure out who needs what and then PM them.:cautious:

For the sake of arguments sake lets say you really needed a hood pad like most of us with driven cars do . Would you buy one at let's say $300 but would you really refuse to buy one at $325 ??????

Lets face it your the only game in town at this point

The side by side comparison is extremely close....close enough that most won't notice a difference from the original except that it's 8-hole vs 9-hole.

I think that if you find a way to accurately pop that 9th hole in the pad, your customer base is going to broaden big time.

I like what the OP has done and I think many more will appreciate it as well. If you can team up with a vendor board member that has a GM license, you've got a big winner. I wish you luck in navigating your way to success with these things. Even A $600 9-hole re-pop beats the hell out of a $900 NOS unit any day.

He's modifying a gm part and reselling why would he need a license?

When people buy stuff from gm sit on it a few years then resell gm doesn't get a 2nd piece of the pie???