Changing springs and spindles without ruining ball joint boots

I see a bunch of people have changed numerous times there springs, spindles etc.

How do you all do it without chewing up the rubber dust boots on the ball joints? Do you not use the ball joint forks?

Looking for the quickest and best way to separate the ball joint from the spindle without issues.

Thanks

Craig

Most of the time breaking down ball joints won't rip the boots, but if it does, you can purchase a package of replacement boots, made by energy suspension, on Amazon for about $8.

What tool are you using. Ball joint fork? Or as some others have mentioned just smacking the hell out of the spindle to have it "release" the ball joint shaft?

I use a pickle fork. The other method mentioned works too, but it may dent the control arm. You don't beat on the spindle, :eek: but the A-arm surface next to the ball joint.

I have done a few and usually you hit the spindle not the arm to get it to break free.

did it this way on the GN one side came apart after a few light blows and the other took a little longer

I use a pickle fork. The other method mentioned works too, but it may dent the control arm. You don't beat on the spindle, :eek: but the A-arm surface next to the ball joint.

wrong- you grab a nice big Ford tool and hit the spindle next to where the balljoint stud goes thru it. if you don't swing like a 10 year old girl, one or two good smacks will break the balljoint loose and the spring pressure pushes it apart.
just just loosen both balljoint nuts a few turns, whack the spindle next to each balljoint, and when it pops loose you just jack up under the lower ball joint to take the pressure off the nuts so you can take them off.