Changing oil and turbo

chris-74GN

Hi guys I'm sort of new to the GN and am still learning. I've been reading threads about everything any anything on this forum trying to soak in some information. Noticed people taking about turbos getting blown and how important that they get oil so my questions are:
1- How do I know if my turbo is getting enough oil? I have a TA49 .63 exhaust housing. With the stock corrugated drain pipe.

2- Is changing the engine oil sufficient or does the turbo hold any oil and I would have to disconnect the drain pipe to get the rest if the oil out?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend a turbo saver...this way your turbo gets filtered oil....I lost a Turbo due to a lobe failure years ago....the metal went through the turbo and I had to have it rebuilt.

Thanks Amelio for the turbo saver suggestion, is that something I can put on myself? When I change the oil do I need to drain any oil from the turbo also?

Thanks Amelio for the turbo saver suggestion, is that something I can put on myself? When I change the oil do I need to drain any oil from the turbo also?

No draining oil from turbo. BTW, that link that GNRick posted is an awesome setup. Easy, clean, installation and comes with very high quality components.

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me. Will look into the turbo saver, last thing I want is to dish out $$$ for a new turbo if it's preventable.

You can find cheaper turbo savers if you're on a budget but the one that TR Customs sells is pretty slick. I like it a lot.