Changing injectors & VE

nightdiver

Im changing from 84s to 75s ...is it ok if i just add 10% to the VE table ?
I know it needs some tuning but is this good for a first step ?
Thanks

No, just start by changing the injector constant. See where it's at after that.

TurboTR

Which system? Gen 7 will rescale your fueling automatically by changing injector sizes...

Just changing the injector constant is the best way to start. In theory no other changes would have to be made. But, since different injectors exhibit different control and flow characteristics as pulsewidths vary, a small amount of tuning will be required every time to get it "just right". Most of the changes you will need to make will be in the idle and light cruise area. Heavier load and WOT tuning will require very little adjustment.

Thanks guys, i just came back from a bussines trip and saw the posts
Ill do it this way...i guess it wont take more than 3-4 hours to make it perfect :cool:
I found out that the best way to tune is on a 5% road
Thanks again

Originally posted by 50Bucket
Which system? Gen 7 will rescale your fueling automatically by changing injector sizes...

Does FAST have this option also? because i've also changed from 85lb. to 75lb. injectors, but i havent started the car since. what changes would i need to do to compensate for the down grade of the injectors? thanx!

From what I've learned you'd want the 02 correction to be less than 5% for each cell on the VE page.

Originally posted by TurboDANDEE
Does FAST have the rescaling option also? because i've also changed from 85lb. to 75lb. injectors, but i havent started the car since. what changes would i need to do to compensate for the down grade of the injectors? thanx!

anybody? :confused:

Originally posted by TurboDANDEE
Does FAST have this option also? because i've also changed from 85lb. to 75lb. injectors, but i havent started the car since. what changes would i need to do to compensate for the down grade of the injectors? thanx!

You should be in good shape if you change the injector size in C-Com from 85 to 75.

-Bob Cunningham