Champion Heads

CanGN

any body from British Columbia with Champion ported irons have any trouble with aircare, are the readings must worse than stock?? thanks

Steve

I'm not from BC but my car passed the I/M 240 test in Colorado with Champion Irons. It is a test run on a Dyno and my car was cleaner than it was 2 years previously with the stock heads.

I have a set of champion GN1s with no EGR, I had Eric cut me an emissions chip. The car passed with flying colors actually beating out the stock setup. The best way to ensure a pass with Aircare is with a good working Catalytic converter and an emissions chip. Do the regular items, oil, filter, plugs etc.

Use a catalytic converter. If they test for NOx id drill a small eight inch hole throught the aluminum fill that they put in the heads. This is if you are using the iron heads. NOx will be lower with the aluminum heads because the combustion chambers will be cooler because of the properties of aluminum. Just get a good TT chip and call it a day after you pass:biggrin: .

thanks for the replies, I have run a tt emission chip and passed with flying colours with the stock heads, and by the sounds of it when i put on the champion heads I should be fine.