88 KB · Views: 823
  • Head4.jpg
    Head4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 814
  • Head5.jpg
    Head5.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 811
More Pictures

More pictures of the heads and downpipe.

Attachments

• Head6.jpg
    Head6.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 807
  • Head7.jpg
    Head7.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 808
  • GbodyDP.jpg
    GbodyDP.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 799
Champion Irons

Hi, are heads still available? If so, can you give me some info on them? ie setup for standard or roller, vave size, were you original owner, did you buy these assembled from champion, etc. thanks, Tom.

Hi Tom,

These heads are currently set up for hydraulic flat tappet CAM with stock rockers (they are included with the heads). The heads have the biggest valves available for irons that come standard from Champion. I'll measure tonight but I believe that they are 1.77" intake and 1.5" exhaust. Here is a link to the specs for these heads:
CHAMPION Racing Heads

I got these heads from the 4.1 engine that I bought used from Scottie-GNZ, a turbobuicks.com moderator. He went 10.24 in the 1/4 with these heads on his RX7 hybrid and here is a link to this run:

http://www.turbobuicks.com/members/scottiegnz/10_24.wmv

He figures he made about 600HP with 26# of boost with these heads.

Scottie decided to go with a different powerplant instead of the 4.1 and that's when I bought the engine from him. I have rebuilt the top end of the 4.1 and in doing so I purchased some GN1R's for it so these heads are what came off of it. The heads are in fine shape and were pulled from an engine that ran well. I just decided to kick things up an notch with the 4.1 and went with the GN1R's and a roller setup instead.

If there are any more questions feel free to ask.

Don

Don, Thanks for the response. Will these heads work on a "109" 3.8 block. I'm not really sure about interchanging 3.8 with 4.1 parts. Thanks, Tom.

Yes. These heads are actually for the 3.8 but they also happen to fit on the 4.1.

Don