Champion Fuel Rail question?

YellaGN

Just put the champion fuel rails on champion ported intake and there isnt enough room off the underside of the fuel regulator for a 6-AN fuel line to the return. What do you guys do? Im using the adapter for the stock style accufab adj. regulater and a 90* 6-AN lacks 3/4" of clearing. Just so u know ive got an 8-AN line going in. Can i use the factory fuel return line? Mods below. Running RA double pumper. THX

I just installed a set of their fuel rails on my car. Ran into a few problems. I sent the driver side fuel rail and my fuel pressure regualtor back to Tom at Champion and he machined the rail to allow the regulator to mount on it. The short 90' line clears the alternator/ AC / PS bracket by about 1/4". I am running braded fuel lines for both in and out. Tom also machine the end cap for the fuel rail for me so I can run my pressure guage. He said there were 2 different style rails.

I run a stock fuel rail, but I think what I did should work for you. I cut about 1/4" off a 1/4"NPT to 6AN 90 degree aluminum fitting and then welded it to the bottom of my accufab regulator. The regulator is not 1/4"NPT but it does thread in somewhat to help keep it in place before welding. Just make sure you mock it up first to orient the fitting in the right direction. The pic should help you understand what I'm saying.

Attachments

• Picture 555.jpg
    Picture 555.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 453