Cell Phone Companies

1 more thing

Another thing i know about Nextel is that on 9/11, the only person in my family whose cell phone worked was my brother and his was a Nextel. My dad had a Sprint through work that did not work and my mom had verizon.

Scott

The problem with Tmobile is I've been with them almost 3 years, well it was Voicestream til it changed, but anyway my phone broke. And they wouldn't give me any kind of a deal 3 years and they wont help me out.

I have friends who work for Sprint and others who have Sprint, both say the customer service is horrible, they guys who work for Sprint dont even use Sprint cause they hate it. all kinds of false charges and stuff.

Cingular is really iffy in this area one side of the road reception other side none.

Sounds like i should go with Nextel. If I were to buy a used phone would it work to start a new service? Or do you have to buy new ones?

One of the guidance counselors at my school has a NEXTEL and on 9/11 it wasn't getting through to make a call. But then again, what was working right that day??? I did make a call later on that day using my Verizon phone and actually managed to make an international call when my regular house phone wasn't getting out. I was pretty pleased with Verizons coverage. Seems like when I went camping or down to the beach, I was one of the few that had reception. The NEXTEL deals sound pretty good though... might look into that when I move back.

dont bother with used nextel phones. their tech changes so rapidly get a new, stay away from the big yellow box!!!

I had very bad luck with suncom, so I would not rec them. If ntelos is in your area I have great service from them. not to $$ either. I have 2 lines with 900 anytime and 4000 night and weekend for $45.00 a month
HTH
Chris