Castaneda's Body Shop - Chicago Great Guys!

So I guess I gotta get these heads back on so I can take down the last white t type left for me to beat. Coming to the southside meet Saturday?

On a serious note... Looks like a whole different car. Two thumbs and two big toes up!

Thanks for the compliments. Let me know when youre ready to come take it down. :D

I'll need more info on this southside meet... might come to hang out, car isnt going to be running for a couple weeks yet...

Looks Good Mr. Cliff:cool: Next year we will have to have a showdown@ sundown US41 or Byron? Get the group together and have some fun times again. I have wasted this summer but looking forward again. Good luck with your new combo. The weather is going to get very awesome very soon. You are the lucky dog this year!!

Thanks Tony. Yes, we will have to set something up for the spring, I should have a little seat time before the year is out but plan on making some minor changes over the winter also (brakes, suspension tweaks, etc).

I'd like 41, at sundown, off the trailer, head up. :D

I speak Prasadanese....
If I'm not mistaken, that translates to "Time for Man Love with boys from Iowa", or possibly "Can you believe he made the whole corn cob dissappear?"
:eek:

:biggrin:Actually if you are referring the the raging gay man AustinIBEW145, remember.............HE'S FROM YOUR SIDE OF THE CREEK!!!!!!!:eek: they did pass that new law about gay marriages in Iowa so last I heard, he's thinking of moving over here!!!! I figure he'll fit in better in Illinois though, their talking abut changing the law back once they heard he wanted to move!:D

Ok, instead of continuing to whore up Tony's thread, here is a teaser shot of under the hood of my turd.

I plan on dressing it up a bit and making several changes under the hood over the winter, but the motor was just freshened by Speed Service in Chicago, trans (TH400) from DRC, PTC converter, etc. It was supposed to be going on the dyno today, but ran into some electrical gremlins. After a couple days of trouble shooting and trying replacement components, we have the issues sorted out and addressed, but it stepped back our schedule a few days. Hopefully it will be on the rollers by monday.

Attachments

• motor.bmp
    58.2 KB · Views: 229
Hope to see the angryv6 beating up on some turbo'd small blocks at KOTS some time. ;)

Well... things went very well on the dyno last night at Sound Performance in Bensenville, IL. Vince over there handled the tuning for me and I couldn't be more pleased. At the moment the numbers are classified, but I'm smiling for a reason. :D

Also wanted to thank Cal Hartline for his support and technical assistance.

Going to be at King of the Streets tomorrow... wish me luck :eek:

Yes indeed, numbers are very impressive even without the correction factor and with some what mild tune. I know poor Mikee is kicking him self in the a$$.

Last night after the numbers you made, I already got two guys asking for Sound Performance's/Vince's contact info. They want to schedule something ASAP. Please text me Vince's number.

Great job Clifford!!!!!!!!!

Prasad:)

Well... things went very well on the dyno last night at Sound Performance in Bensenville, IL. Vince over there handled the tuning for me and I couldn't be more pleased. At the moment the numbers are classified, but I'm smiling for a reason. :D

Also wanted to thank Cal Hartline for his support and technical assistance.

Going to be at King of the Streets tomorrow... wish me luck :eek:

Sounds great. Good luck at 41. Have someone take videos. :cool:

I might see you there Cliff;) Anyone else going?

I know there will be some other peeps off this board there, just not racing that I am aware of. I'll get my ass handed to me round 1 anyways then it will just be cool to watch the rest of what goes down.

See you there-

Im going. The DvDs are cool so I bet its going to be fun to watch. Some sick cars too!

I could not make it:mad: How did you do?? How was the racing? Lot of fast cars?:rolleyes:

I took myself out round 1. Pushed into the double bulb before the car was in boost and left in vacuum. Car didnt make power til about 200 feet out lol. Was totally my fault. Been sick the past week and my head just wasnt in it. In any case there was a ton of FAST ASS **** there. The action was insane, definitely worth seeing in person.

Hopefully I'll be hitting the track again for some TNT in the next week or so before the season is out.

Cliff, I'm not one to jump all in a crews video when its time to run. But when I saw you bump in the second light with no boost I was in the stands like where is his crew, what is he doing, No no noooooooooo! I didn't want to bug you afterwards because I didn't know what happened.

Glad you showed up though! My God son who's 4 years old loves the car from YouTube and got to stick his head in while in the pits.

Great racing and sick cars for sure. Hey, who was fighting right in front of the staging lanes?

Been a bit, and still not 100% done, but getting there :D

Attachments

• 100_4298.jpg
    100_4298.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 979
  • 100_4301.jpg
    100_4301.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_4303.jpg
    100_4303.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 980
  • 100_4305.jpg