Casper Knock gauge

Stephen Gibson

Just a participant,Honest
I called caspers and aked how the hookup is on the gauge, but the guy who gave me the info must have told me something wrong here.............as I look at back of gauge I have three posts
he said the far left is +12vdc and middle is -12vdc and right is signal wire yellow W/ black stripe ,Is this correct as nothing is looking like it works? thanks
Stephen

been a while since i did mine, but sounds like you have a positive and neg terminal, and the signal terminal.....i tapped my signal terminal in to the wire that goes directly into the ECM, you would have to check the gnttype archives for which wire that is unless someone else knows....

i know gnttype is down (kinda) its actually there, just not gnttype.org yet, its still a DNS 111.111.11.11 type address....
t6p.com has a thread that tells what it is...

knock gauge

Thanks Dan , I just want someone to verify the hookup as I think it's wrong but the gauges have no markings on them...
Stephen:)

the wire to tap into is the yellow wire with black stripe. its actually one of the easier guages to install, as there is no routing into the engine compartment as with boost, oil, water, egt, etc..