carbon fiber bumper fillers

proheader

Got one of our race car part vendors who asked me about making some carbon fiber parts for Turbo Buick cars......

bumper fillers are where we are starting, followed up with some hoods and bumpers, maybe even some other parts.....consoles or dash inserts too.....

BIG QUESTION?????

Any of you guys have interest in some of these parts?? Mainly race stuff but right now I have some carbon bumper fillers we made from pieces. He is willing to make regular bolt on fillers like you buy now in fiberglass....

I know price is a factor but the stuff is way cool too.....

RACE WEIGHT stuff...but will still live on the street..

how bout some feed back.....

Proheader

Id be interested. There is already 2 companies that have molds for the parts that mainly do fiberglass, but will do it in carbon fiber. The catch of course is cost.

So, as always, it would depend on the price you could offer those pieces at. At the moment it seems the most reasonable company out there offers it at 2x the price of fiberglass for carbon fiber. That is not the gloss finish kind but the solid black race kind that you need to paint and finish fyi

Price can change my mind, but if it fits great and cost is not :eek: then I would love a set front and back. Please PM me when you have a set and cost, would love to see how they fit.

I investigate having carbon fiber hoods made back a few years ago, the whole deal was shady so I didn't go through with it. There was plenty of interest though, and I would still buy one if someone made one that fit.

That will be the key, fit and finish... if he can't produce quality stuff don't bother. GN owners are about as picky as car guys get so it's gotta be the best while still being affordable... basically a tall order to fill.

Got one of our race car part vendors who asked me about making some carbon fiber parts for Turbo Buick cars......

bumper fillers are where we are starting, followed up with some hoods and bumpers, maybe even some other parts.....consoles or dash inserts too.....

BIG QUESTION?????

Any of you guys have interest in some of these parts?? Mainly race stuff but right now I have some carbon bumper fillers we made from pieces. He is willing to make regular bolt on fillers like you buy now in fiberglass....

I know price is a factor but the stuff is way cool too.....

RACE WEIGHT stuff...but will still live on the street..

how bout some feed back.....

Proheader

I am interested.

Been looking for a hood and deck-lid for awhile now.

Id be interested. There is already 2 companies that have molds for the parts that mainly do fiberglass, but will do it in carbon fiber. The catch of course is cost.

So, as always, it would depend on the price you could offer those pieces at. At the moment it seems the most reasonable company out there offers it at 2x the price of fiberglass for carbon fiber. That is not the gloss finish kind but the solid black race kind that you need to paint and finish fyi

Who are the 2 companies?