Carb'd intake,L67

seen a lot of things done with the L67 over the years , havent seen that.... dont take my comment as being negative its a great little engine and with so many LS engine swaps going carb to simplify the electronics end of the swap , the thought has merit but I think your having a sheet metal intake made to do it then running the coils with a standalone controller like megasquirt or msd. The buyers are just not lined up to mod out a buick originated fwd v6 - its power potential is counter intuitive to what it is = simple , strong , stout design.

then go blow-thru turbo and your going to raise some eyebrows with how much boost the L67 can survive in stock form

I actually wanted to custom make an EFI intake using a carb intake, seen some fairly interesting swaps make huge power with just some head work and decent cam. Im interested in doing some testing/hybrid, bunch of people have been sleeping on these cross bolt 3.8's. They are screaming for a RWD turbo application! I was planning to use a microtec if i went that route,

theres a few rwd/4wd out there , I have done some tuning on a mild sc build in a rock crawler locally - beats up on same chassis/trans/gearing with a stock 6.0 in his buddys crawler lol. theres a l67 turbo GN on here in the thread "L67 grand national"

fwd the l67 has been 8.6 @159 stock rotating asembly (ZZP) rwd U.S. intense racing went high 8's in AUS a datsun pickup l67 swaped went 7.9's

Yea thats where ive been really doing my research the Aussie's are into the l67 well very few but the guys that do are hauling ass! I have been trying to get some ideas by googling different turbo setups but all i come up with are the fiero turbo swaps. I'm sure i can find an l67 locally for a few hundred bucks without the charger on it and play with it.

If there was a carb intake for one I think the B4black guys would be all over it Chriss. I've said it before, if someone would come out with an intake that would let the series II heads go on a RWD block, it would make a bunch more power than the stock heads do.;)

The SC lower intakes would need only a quick adapter plate but it isnt designed for wet flow so I dont know how it would run. Right height, cheap, easy to get, right location. Not sure how the timing issue would be solved but I am fairly certain the ECM doesnt need fueling to control spark. However, the EFI is so nice, why switch? Not saying its a bad idea, just curious as to why?

this is the coolest looking manifold ive seen to suit
ecotec20twin20throttle.jpg

could get one of our austrailian/newzealand manifolds and make something up ive seen them with carbs on top before
P1020632.JPG