car wont start

jerritt

okay everyone I have been reading and trying everything that I can for another no start gn lol....it has been stumbling for awhile now and I thought it was the alternator because when I would unplug the battery when the car was on it would die so I replaced it and now have right around 14 volts....I went to a car show after replacing it and it started stumbling on the way there and on the way back finally gave out and wont start back up... the oil and plugs are soaked in gas so I changed the oil and tested the plugs by holding them on the valve cover and they are firing when I turn the motor over. I checked the crank trigger and it doesn't look broken or rubbing. I then replaced the coil pack with a brand new one from one of the vendors because I had it laying around waiting to be put on and still wont start....it will start every once and awhile but runs really rough..where should I go from here? I thought that by unplugging the cam sensor would get it to start but nothing just keeps turning over and soaking the plugs. im assuming it almost has to be the ignition module but don't want to waste money on one if their is a possibility of something else that can be tested. thanks in advance everyone and I hope I can get it figured out with some help before I go to school in 2 weeks just because I don't want it not being able to run for a year.
jerritt

You can have the ignition module tested at auto parts stores for free.

The car won't start with the cam sensor unplugged.

You need 3 things to start, Fuel, Spark and compression, figure out which one is missing.

No start - no spark, has injector pulse - Check the ignition module (also check the CCCI and ECM-IGN fuses)
No start - has spark, no injector pulse - Cam Sensor or ECM
No start - no spark or injector pulse - Crank sensor or module