Car wont start

enruco

I was driving my 86 turbo T yesterday and it just shut off with no warning. Now it wont start and shows no fuel pressure under the hood. Am I right in guessing a fuel pump problem? Yes it does have gas in it. Does anybody know where the fuse and relay are located for the pump? I put a new pump in it last summer so I hope its not that. 1st thing to check please!

Check the fuse marked FP/INJ first.
The relay for the fp is on the passenger side wheel well ... the middle relay.
fusebox.jpg

If the fp/inj fuse is blown and your replacement keeps blowing, there is a short.

You didn't say whether you had a hotwire kit or not, but you would have an inline fuse off of the back of the alternator and another relay that is usually near the fuel tank.

Wow, now thats what I call a helpfull reply. The pic is great . I will check those two things today. Thanks so much.

the one time my car died as if someone pulled the key it was my crank sensor. it had been ticking a little bit before before it went. easy enuf to check

I am having a local buick guru look at it in the next few days, and will post the cause and fix when I know them. Thanks for the ideas so far.

If you have a hot wire to the fuel pump, you will have a relay behind the rear bumper, on the drivers side. You can just unplug the hot wire and plug the stock harness back togeather to see if it is the hot wire or bad hot wire relay. This happened to me and I had it towed home before I thought of it. The second time it happened I remembered this and avoided the tow.

Yes , I do have a hot wire. I will try that today and see if the car will start. Thanks!

after looking at all the fuses and relays and such it appears it is the fuel pump. You know, the one I bought new last summer. Didnt I read not too long ago about alot of trouble with walboro pumps?