Car will not build boost!

13xturbo

I have tried everything and cannot figure my 87' GN out. Car has 34,000 original miles on it. I have put a new turbo on it I put a new converter in the car I have checked for Vac leaks checked for exhaust leaks as best I can. Car will only build around 5 lbs of boost on foot brake at WOT. It has a Brand new TE44 turbo and brand new converter now and still having the boosting issue.

Do you have any scanmaster numbers you can post?

If i guess without knowing any info about the car.

1. maf sensor
2. coil pack and or ignition module
3. defective cat converter

Do you have any scanmaster numbers you can post?

If i guess without knowing any info about the car.

1. maf sensor
2. coil pack and or ignition module
3. defective cat converter
I will post scan master numbers tomorrow but I checked them all today and everything seemed normal comparing to other people's numbers. How do I test my MAF Sensor? It has no cat on the car.

This is a problem that seemed to get worse and worse as time went on at the track while drag racing. Is it possible I have a small crack in my manifold but cannot see it or hear it? The car is kinda loud so not sure if I would hear a leak unless it was loud. But I know running my hand around the exhaust while the car is running on the lift I cannot feel anything

I will post scan master numbers tomorrow but I checked them all today and everything seemed normal comparing to other people's numbers. How do I test my MAF Sensor? It has no cat on the car.

Only way I know how to test the MAF sensor is replacing it with a known good one. Also by tapping on it while the car is running..but that doesnt always work.

What stall is the converter? Turbo bolted tight to header? To check for header crack use a smoke machine or hold a piece of paper towel by header and see if it blows from exhaust. Make sure band clamp is tight on crossover pipe, too.

What stall is the converter? Turbo bolted tight to header? To check for header crack use a smoke machine or hold a piece of paper towel by header and see if it blows from exhaust. Make sure band clamp is tight on crossover pipe, too.
The converter is a pro torque with stock stall. I am going to try locating a MAF sensor and smoke machine today.

Loop a ziptie around the puck arm and strap it to something else so it holds the puck shut (it should be pulling toward the driver side). This will cause uncontrollable boost but it will also show if the puck is sealing the wastegate hole. You will have to let off the gas to keep from overboosting if that is even possible. What kind of downpipe do you have?

The puck is definitely sealing on the wast gate and tried two other MAF sensors and no difference. Car goes down the road and builds boost great when it's up in RPM but will not build boost off foot brake and feels like a non turbo taking off. AF-05 L8-31/32 BAT-13.1 INT-128 BL-131 ATS-114 TPS-.42 IAC-24 cc-0/255 but slow moving

Then maybe it is rich down low. The numbers look ok from what you posted. What chip are you using and do you have instructions on how to remove a little fuel from it? You might even drop your fuel pressure a little, say 38lbs line off instead of the normal 43.

Also do you know what the stall rating is on the converter? A TE44 probably would work best with a 3000 stall.

Post your location.

Maybe someone can stop by and swap a few parts to trouble shoot.

Worked for me.

MAF was my issue.

Went with translator and LS1 3.5" MAF

Mine wasnt a boost issue though.

D

Exhaust leaks, exhaust restriction, inlet restriction, and or wrong converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhaust leaks, exhaust restriction, inlet restriction, and or wrong converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have checked the whole car for exhaust leaks. It has no cat and a 3" hand built exhaust with a 4" straight through muffler. I checked the intake and cleaned the intercooler and the converter has to be fine because it's the second one I have put in it and still the same problem. It's only a 2,600-2,800 stall 12" converter should be perfect for the TE-44.

I live in Gray Maine and I tried 3 different MAF sensors one being a brand new one and another came off a running GN