car stays reved up to 2k rpm on start up and wont go down??

SickNasty

on start up car goes from about 1500 up to about 2000 rpm and holds steady there. have had this happen before and just turned the car off and turned it back on and it went away. now its not going away. checked all my throttle linkage and everything is moving properly. unhooked the battery to reset computer, tried different chip, and still cant get idle to go down. any ideas?? i have not messed with anything or changed anything, drove the car the other day and had zero problems.

Try turning your idle screw to see if there is a change. You will have to adjust your TPS. First make sure the trottle cable is not caught on anything. On the idle screw the trottle blade bracket should be resting on it. If there is a gap then something is caught.

pulled on some wires up around the column and the idle went back down to where it should be. Won't know for sure what it was until i drop the column. now my scanmaster is going nuts and doing some weird stuff. there is something crazy going on with the wiring

Why are you pulling wires under the column? You seem like your looking for trouble. Not the good kind unless you know where all those wires go.

pulled on some wires up around the column and the idle went back down to where it should be. Won't know for sure what it was until i drop the column. now my scanmaster is going nuts and doing some weird stuff. there is something crazy going on with the wiring

Coincidence maybe? Did you check the IAC?

Uncontrolled idle and scanmaster numbers going nuts are both symptoms of a bad ecm.

I agree with bryesh...double check your ECM. My GN did the exact samething last week and it got progressively worse from there, radiator fans started coming on with key on, alky light flickering, idle all messed up...After losing sleep for 3 nights looking everything over and talking with experts, I unplugged the ECM, took out the chip, and cleaned all the contacts on it and put the chip back in...idle was back to normal and no other weird stuff going on.

Coincidence maybe? Did you check the IAC?
This. Don't know how, but mine blew apart and I was stuck at high idle. As far as Scanmaster going nuts, this sounds like it happened after you pulled on the wires. Make sure you didn't pull anything loose. The ECT, engine coolant temp, sensor can cause problems but if you're not able to use your Scanmaster you won't know what temperature it is reading. I know a bad ECT sensor will cause problems, because I have had one go bad before.

ok the wiring must have been a coincidence. problem happened again. i finally figured out whats going on. when it happened again i shut the car off, put the pedal to the floor and let off. i started it back up and its fine. i think Its the tps getting hung up. My scanmaster was freaking out and giving crazy knock and turning on and off while driving. Then out of nowhere it just stopped and is acting perfect now. i need to trace all the wires and make sure everything is tight.