"Car Show" for Fastest Streetcar

tazgn

Well, I just spent a couple more hours tinkering with the car just getting more and more DEPRESSED about not being able to enter the fastest streetcar competition on the 24th. So I was thinking. Maybe it can not be a complete loss. How about if we get together in an area of the pits (either the circle or somewhere off the return road) and have a little SHOW of buick power and beauty. This should at least make it so us who "can't" run with the "big dogs" can at least do something and enjoy the show. Unfortunately for me, I won't have a roll bar installed by then (although I'm going to call and check on availability from a place in FL for a weld in bar tomorrow), so I'm not going to waste the money to get thrown off the track for no roll bar. I've been putting off the roll bar now for about 4 years, especially since when I first got here in Hawaii, HRP didn't seem to care about roll bars, only that you had a license and the battery was held down. I guess that changed greatly in the past year or so. But just looking for any inputs on this idea. How about you guys that don't have 11 sec. cars out there. This may be a good way to show off the cars, but not pay $50 to race.

Also, the roll bar I'm looking at will cost me $500 with the swingout side bars. Has anyone gotten a 6 point bar with swingout side bars here in Hawaii for $500 or less? If so where?

Mahalo,
Derrrick

P.S. The motor is running EXTREMELY STRONG. Tranny still has some problems though, but calling Art Carr tomorrow for the hopeful fix.

Good idea Derrick! We should stick at the same area. Sorry to hear about you car, hope you get it ready by the 24th. Give Craig Inuma at Universal sheet metal, I think some of the guys might know of him. How about Mick (Kenne-Bill)?