Car problem

Frank718

Buick t type
Hello, I just put my car on the road today for the first time since I bought it last year.The problem happens when I nail the gas the car start to hesitate,it is a 85 t type with a 87 setup.I was on the highway driving the car normal and it runs pretty good except when you taking off ,so if any one has a idea whats wrong please help thanks

It is helpful to ...

list any mods you have or it becomes an uneducated guess. Are you pure stock or highly modified? :confused:

SHADOWII said:
list any mods you have or it becomes an uneducated guess. Are you pure stock or highly modified? :confused:
Okay, I have 36lb bluetop injectors a warboro 340 a j carter chip and every thing else is stock.I drove the car today and it did the same thing,so I 'm going to give it a tune up and plug in the scan master to see what the car reading.so hopefully that will give me more clues to whats happening.

Have you tried ...

going to the "spring cleaning" on the gnttype.org web site? That should get you started in the right direction. It may be nothing more than the tps out of tolerance,should be .42-.44 at idle and 4.55 -4.85v at wot. The correct values are on the site. But let us know how you make out w/the tune-up! :cool: :biggrin:

SHADOWII said:
going to the "spring cleaning" on the gnttype.org web site? That should get you started in the right direction. It may be nothing more than the tps out of tolerance,should be .42-.44 at idle and 4.55 -4.85v at wot. The correct values are on the site. But let us know how you make out w/the tune-up! :cool: :biggrin:
Need help ,I just change the plugs and wires today but dont know if they are the right parts.Hade some guy from work get the parts from the dealer and he got some acdelco wires and professional platinum spark plugs from acdelco plug number 41803. So know that I change it the car is makeing some kine of knock sound and its terrible.One other things is that I got the car painted and pick it up monday and getting out the car some lady hit my door, but i am doing fine.Maybe some one could tell me what they thing the noise is and thanks for the help

Dont use platinum plugs, i have done that in the past,even V-groove from NGK and they dont run good on the car.

just use the stock AC delco plugs. trust me on that one

lachachmtl said:
Dont use platinum plugs, i have done that in the past,even V-groove from NGK and they dont run good on the car.

just use the stock AC delco plugs. trust me on that one
Would it make it knock,because before i put the plugs in it did'nt knock

Put the original ones.they wotn knock unless your car is too modified and dosent get enough fuel.

the original ones are ; A/C DELCO 44 RTS

lachachmtl said:
Put the original ones.they wotn knock unless your car is too modified and dosent get enough fuel.

the original ones are ; A/C DELCO 44 RTS
Okay, so since I put does plug do you think thats my knock problem

ES1 said:
AC 42s or the Autolite 23s if they are available....035
I just put the old plugs back on and the car was making the same noise.The noise was comming from the vaule cover, so I take the vaule cover off and the the rocker shaft is loose,all three screws are loose so I tighten them and every thing is okay besides my door. :)