car just dies

gndeligirl

When I took off in our GN, after my husband put the engine back in, then let off the excellrator, the engine died. He said it doesn't happen to him. Humm...
I took off and heard the turbo boost kick in and then let off the gas. It restarted right away and then did it again. What's going on? Is it true I'm driving like a granny?

that is very hard on the turbo for the motor to shut off while the turbo is spinning..

you need to try and avoid letting it die

if it runs fine other than that either the throttle blade has been moved (trying to set idle) or idle control motor may be weak and is too slow responding.

need to hook it up on a scanner and set the idle so the idle motor has plenty of room left to catch it from dying and also it would show if the motor is working at all or slow

Tell us some more about the car, like everything. So we have all the info.

Scott

Could be TCC solenoid sticking in the transmission, won't unlock during coast down and stalls the engine at stop signs and lights.

Or the IACV and tps settings as previously mentioned.

Thank you for all your help. Joe ordered a scanner so he can get all the proper readings and adjustment settings. We'll see what happens then.
I can't believe how fast that car can go. A little different than that minivan!

What chip does it have and what diameter converter?

Don't worry, none of my problems ever occur for someone else. :)

Originally posted by salvageV6
Could be TCC solenoid sticking in the transmission, won't unlock during coast down and stalls the engine at stop signs and lights.

Or the IACV and tps settings as previously mentioned.

Probably not that...normally, the tranny is not locked in low gear...won't lock until the 1-2 shift. :)

Same thing

Im having the same problem. Car dies when Im not feeding it any gas when Im coasting down or in a parking lot going 5 mph. Rpm goes from 1000 to 400 in a little under 2 secs and then dies. I think it only happens when my rpm is around 1000. Happens when its cold and after I get done driving fast. Ordered a scanmaster 3 days ago.

Originally posted by salvageV6
And if it won't unlock properly?

The cars I have had with bad solenoids will still unlock in low gear. Does not sound like the kinda problem she is describing.

I drive like a granny and it does not happen. :)