Car jerking, popping, and stuttering

TurboBuRick-

You were right on the money. Thanks to you and Razor. I had to cut into the black and white wire before the harness connector. I ran a wire from a chassis ground to the wire and just quickly twisted and taped the new ground into the black and white wire. The MAF problem solved!! I pushed down on the gas pedal with ignition on and engine off and no movement of the AF numbers! I took it for a spin- the best it's run in months!

Now for some tuning up and I hope to get it in tip top shape. I guess I'll have to figure a more permanent solution to the wiring problem. I have a ground wire stretch kit from Caspers coming. I hope this helps.

If you have any recommendations, I'm listening!

Very odd how the stock maf was working with no gruond. :confused:

Non the less, glad you got it. Thats a good feeling. No? :cool:

It's fine to run your own ground or trace the original out and find the breach.

I think the Stock MAF was working until I reinstalled the transmission. Then I think I broke the wires and that made the MAF not work. Just guessing though.

just throwing this out there, might want to check your ecm fuses also. My car ran fine when I put it together but I did end up having a bad ecm fuse.

Was it the 3amp fuse ? Otherwise i dont see how car ran. i thought either fuse would prevent running.

No, it was the broken ground wires. When I was putting in the Casper's Ground Kit I found a few more broken wires. I repaired them and all of the problems went away. Now if I could just pass that State Inspection....

I got it on the ground wires. Glad you got it. i was asking Ustaboost if his car ran with a blown ecm fuse...dont know how that could be, and curious if it was the mem fuse that was blown.

I wonder if a T+ can trigger a code 42 if going bad.....what do yall think?
Onebad , another thing, have you turned the rotary and dip swithces in your T+ box? If it sat, it would be a good idea to excersise them. Ive seen this help other devices.