Car hauling/transporting ?

Jimn8or

Happy Thoughts
Who has been happy with their choice of car mover, and why? Who has not and why? If you did it again, how would you do it differently? Did you opt for the insurance? Was the rate reasonable? I'm looking at a car in Ohio and would need it transported to the Pacific Northwest.
Thanks for all replies.
Jim

The only bad thing about vehicle transporters is you wait alot. They do what's convenient for them primarily. I deal with this everyday so everyone please keep the bashing to a minimum; I know what I'm talking about. When I relocated, our company used Cendant Mobility to move 2 of my cars. They actually did a good, fast job but the cost was unknown to me.

You could probably fly to Windsor, enter the US in Detroit, rent a U-Haul with a car trailer, drive down to Ohio and haul it back yourself cheaper and more quickly. Plus you could sleep in the U-Haul and save motel fees if you can stand the weather.

Buyer had my ZR-1 shipped from TX to NY via Intercity Lines enclosed......$1300 if I remember correctly...class act all the way. I had my Cobra shipped from Detroit to TX for $495 open carrier....took about 3 weeks. Just bought an SHO and had it shipped from Phoenix to Dallas $350....got a scratch or two on the bumper, but it's just a work car. Had my SD455 shipped from Seattle to TX in 1999....I think cost was $995...took several weeks.

If your shipping a showpiece...definately go enclosed. If it's a driver and your not in a hurry, go open trailer. Just be sure to verify carriers insurance.

Reliable Carriers is the only way to go. Largest enclosed auto transport company in N America. 300+ trailers. Offices in Detroit,Orlando, Phoenix and LA. When GM wants GNX 001 or the Buick Blackhawk moved Reliable is their vendor. 18005216393. Reliablecarriers.com

Here's who I used.

I used : www.movinmusclecars.com ... They are based in Ohio. They transported my '89 TTA from Oklahoma City to Indianapolis without one scratch. I have nothing but good things to say about them. And also, they only transport one car at time (enclosed) . Hope that helps. Nicholas.