car got broken into.. attempted theft AGAIN

I am very sorry to hear of your troubles. I have also been one of the unfortunate GN owners to come outside from a store and find that where my GN was parked it is no more. But I got very educated acouple of nights ago while watching Discovery Channel :D. They had a show on about the recent rise of auto theft in California. Wasn't that interesting of a show until the last 10 min of the program. They had the biggest ex-ring leader of car jackers on, in which the LAPD had hired them to educate the public on how to keep their cars safer. He showed how conventional systems like the club are easily taken apart which common tools. He stated that a car theif must know that he has about 3 min to jack a car and get it out of the area. The thief stakes out the car to check what alarms and such the car is using. He stated that the more systems you are running the safer your car is because the thief does not want to take the time to go through all of them. He was asked what system/systems he uses on his car. He stated just one. The autostart system which is like the club but goes around the brake pedal which doesnt allow most cars to be put into drive or reverse. It doesnt come off as easily like the club because the steering wheel can easily be cut with a saw, but the brake column of a car is one of the strongest components of a car. He also said wth an autostart, conventional (stock) alarm system, and a cut-off switch most thiefs would looker other places to get the car they want. Hope this helps.

steadfast is just as good id say.. and it never comes off unless you have an hour and some air tools..

that sicks man, did they take those gauges or were you just missing them?

i still dont know how someone can wake up every morning and say to them selves, im going to go stalk that person, find out there daily rotuten, and then steal from them.. i dont see how some one could live with them selves for doing something like that, and not feel bad about it... i wonder if they have ever had anything stolen from them...

-Neil

no.. i just had the oil pressure gauge.. im not sure what else to put there yet

id like to get water temp and volts.. but that leaves 1 open still... cause i want boost and knock on the a pillar still... so HMM...

but yeah....

they suck, theyre scum, and if i saw who did it they would be in the hospital

I've had two TR[s stolen with alarms but the last two times with my new GN only attempted cause I had an Extender chip with anti-thief...so the thieves only got my laptop and broke my steering column.

Sorry to hear about that...

Just took a look at your steadfast collar. Can you give us more details?? How long it takes to install? How much it costs?? Looks like a bit of cheap insurance. Really sorry to hear about your car. Sounds like it's time to put a camera in the front window of your house.. aimed at the car. Wouldn't you just LOVE to catch one of these bastards?

hey chris

i got it from a guy on these boards for something like $70

www.steadfast.com sells them.

its a 2 piece clamshell type thing and on the top and bottom are 2 metal retainers.. with 4 roll pins pushed in.. you also have to take off your ignition bezel cause one comes with it.

you slide the retainer on and line up all four holes then push the roll pins through. put on the new ignition bezel and youre good to go

so its permanent unless you wanna drill out the pins.. which is possible but takes forever i hear...

there is also a piece that goes into the dash on the dr side that is stuck on as well... its not going anywhere..

Originally posted by TType84

you also have to take off your ignition bezel cause one comes with it.

That Sucks! Sorry to here about your car. I hope you get those sons of bi*ches. Do you think its the same thieves that got your car the last time? I'm thinking of getting the steadfast collar. How hard is it to remove the ignition bezel?