Can't wait...

1984grandnat

Sent my turbo off to John Craig last week, getting a big upgrade done. Ordered 50 lb injectors today. Looking for someone to bore out my throttle body, but no luck yet. Also contemplating having some intake work done...what do you guys think?

Sounds good , i just got my set up down , bigger turbo ta 54 , 50lb injectors and i want with the v2 intake and the 87 tb. They say the stock intake is not to good , i say you might get low 12's from it. I would just go with the 87 tb .

87 throttle body

Will the accelerator linkage still hook up the same on the newer TB? What about mounting it to the turbo? I am not running an IC, and would like to keep the car mostly stock-appearing. If there is a way to adapt the newer TB to my engine, then that would be great. Also, what is available for aftermarket intakes for a hotair car that is staying hot air? Should I just port the stock one?

I would think that with a inlet bell on the turbo you could run the 87 turbo , but not sure with the cables or any thing , its worth looking into.

As for the intake , you can port it but i hear its not fun to do your self. I know that turbo motion sells intakes for the hotair , the v1 is the stock looking i think and the v3 is the new one i think. V2 is for intercooled.

Did you see all the [ i thinks] in that:D

jay jackson ports throttle bodies.i think it's around $100.

http://hometown.aol.com/ygettv8/myhomepageindex.html

there is no reason to replace your throttle body(to a later model) if you are not going to intercool.just have your stocker ported.

oh,and lee thompson went 11.2x's @ 122 with an internally stock intake.not saying a tm intake wouldn't make more power,but it has been done.

later,sean

Jared - Hook up wit Jay Williams at Turbomotion.

He will sell you a ported intake (V3) and you can stay hotair. Then get your TB modded and you are ready to rock.

I have purchased the V2 intake / intercooler combo and it should be here soon. For me - it sounds like intercooling is the way to go - I dont have a alky kit or NOS or anything so the best option for me is to cool off the charge air. Not to mention the rave reviews the kit has received, it helps throttle response, spool as well.

I paid $20 to have my TB ported to a 62mm. You don't have to have a bigger throttle plate made like in the 86-87s because the hotair one is already ~70mm. All you have to do is bore it. If you go with the later TB, the TPS swings the opposite way so you'll have to get one of those too.

Jared - Ya I heard that the other day

I'm sure he would do a kit for you if you spoke nicely to him....might cost you a bit though. Can't blame a guy for not wanting to do them when everyone says they're "IN" for a group purchase...then when it comes time to pay over half drop off the planet.

Glad I got in when I did....