Can't get usable fuel pressure reading...

99Formula

This is getting irritating. Doesn't matter whether I have the line on or off, or what gauge I'm using. When I put on the FP gauge, the reading starts about 25psi (?) and slowly but surely falls to 0. It would be interesting if it really was really at 25 psi, but the car is blowing nearly raw fuel out the tail pipe. Any ideas?

Peter

Your GN runs at zero psi???? Or are you just bumping the fuel pump to prime the fuel rail?

Pressure regulator toasted?

One or more injectors stuck open?

Fuel pump really on its way out?

I did not know these fuel injected cars would run with such low pressure...:confused:

they won't...

your car is running when you check fuel pressure isn't it?

Did you borrow another fp gauge? I read about it on lv fbody board.......

Did you try just removing the shrader valve then connecting the fp gauge?

Originally posted by azgn
they won't...
Oh, but they can. My GN ran for about 2 minutes last week below 20 psi as it was running out of fuel on the way to the gas station. :eek: It ran the last 30 seconds at 8-10 psi until it finally died as I pulled up to the pump. :p

Yep, the car will run while it shows 0 psi. Today was try #3 with a borrowed gauge. I attach the gauge, start the car, and the pressure jumps up to 25-30 psi where the needle sits shivering for a while. Then it slowly makes its descent to 0 psi. I'm sure if it could it would run while showing a vacuum, but luckily the gauge stops at 0... :rolleyes:

Peter