Can you guess who I was hanging out with today?

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Clue - movie star.
elks 045.jpg

Yup, Paul LeMat. Was at a local car show. They wanted my friends yellow street rod in the background. My friend had him sign his glovebox door.

What a great guy to talk to. Sort of felt sorry for him as I guess the acting gigs just are not out there. People still expect him to look like he did when he made American Graffiti and thought he was just a guy selling posters / pictures. It was funny watching reactions when they realized it was really "John Milner". Got to remember the movie was made 40 years ago. Asked him if he is ever in touch with the other cast members and he told me yes but not the RICH ones.:(

Those in CT who would like to meet him, he is scheduled to appear at the cruise nite in West Haven this Wednesday on Savin Rock.

" Vietnam War veteran awarded the National Defense Medal and Vietnam Service Medal, and won the George Washington Honor Medal, from the Freedom Foundation. Attended Newport Harbor High School, San Diego City College, Cypress Junior College, Chapman College, and LA Valley College. Paul won the LA Diamond Belt, Welterweight Division, the Southern Pacific AAU Boxing Championship in 1972. Won two Golden Globes "

He has quite a distinguished career in the real world as well as the fake one. :p

" Vietnam War veteran awarded the National Defense Medal and Vietnam Service Medal, and won the George Washington Honor Medal, from the Freedom Foundation. Attended Newport Harbor High School, San Diego City College, Cypress Junior College, Chapman College, and LA Valley College. Paul won the LA Diamond Belt, Welterweight Division, the Southern Pacific AAU Boxing Championship in 1972. Won two Golden Globes "

He has quite a distinguished career in the real world as well as the fake one. :p

Thanks for that,great history lesson:cool:I thought he played the role great in the day.

Kevin

We met him at the All GM show in Van Nuys, CA in 2011

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 82
He attends a lot of car shows and cruises all across the country. He looks the same there as I saw him 10 years ago at the Englishtown Swap Meet. Sometimes Cindy Williams from "Laverne and Shirley" will show up as well. She was in AG too.

It's funny that you mention "other cast members" as it was a jam-packed with young stars on the rise....Ford, Dreyfuss, Howard, etc.