can someone tell me what my car's worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragCamaro

Real-Keeper
i got into this deal thinking i would be able to sell my camaro, but the guys bank got screwed up so now ive got two cars that i cant afford. im wondering what my 86 GN is worth, and im going to be more honest than the guy i bought it off of.
its a 86 gn with 90xxx miles
te44 turbo
th400 tranny - speedo is off about 15mpp
atr style headers - i think they might be e bays
im told its an atr downpipe
motron 60# injectors
turbotweak 5.6
scanmaster 2.1
206 cam with a wiped lobe, needs a cam and lifters
interior is in great shape besides it needs a shifter knob
the engine has been rebuilt about 1000 miles ago
its got je pistons
rods and crank appear stock but rebalanced. he told me he thinks they have been cryo'd, is there a way to tell?
the heads and intake have been ported
its got new front pads and rotors, wheel bearings are all perfect
pypes stainless exhaust with less than 100 miles on it
the pump and fuel tank are new, pump is hotwired, idk what kind it is, i suspect a walbaro
the body is almost completely rust free, only rust on it is a little surface on the bottom of the doors, which is easily fixable.
the paint is decent from about 15 feet. its got some swirl marks and scratches here and there, and the bump molding on the side got removed and it ripped the second layer of paint off.
rear body fillers are perfect, the fronts are slightly warped and need painted.
wheels are 16x8 gnx reps with et streets on the back that have a little tread left.
the car runs good if you get past the lifter ticking and drives really well. id say its 11 second capable with a new cam and a good driver.
P1010132.jpg

P1010131.jpg

P1010134.jpg

so whats it worth?
thanks, Mark

Unfortunately the market is awful right now-what was a 15k car last year will likely bring closer to 10. With a bad cam and some rust issues, I would offer probably $6000, but then again I'm also a cheapskate.

I have to agree with kh440. $6000 to $7000 would be a good estimate with todays market. Not a good time to sell.

forgot to add its got a front mount IC, idk the brand but its huge, it looks like a rjc racing one. the core goes from about where it says buick in the grill to the bottom of the front bumper, and as wide as the grill is. 3inch thick core
its also got billet main caps on the engine

When a cam wipes a lobe, doesn't that send metal throughout the motor? I wiped a lobe and it cost me $3500 at the engine builder.

what about with the engine fixed. i build engines, and i can get any machinework needed for next to nothing, its only had about 700 miles on it since it was built before, im hoping it wont need much more than a light hone and mabe a new front cover.

I hope you get what you need.

That is an interesting place for "dial-a-boost". Right on the external wastegate?

what about with the engine fixed. i build engines, and i can get any machinework needed for next to nothing, its only had about 700 miles on it since it was built before, im hoping it wont need much more than a light hone and mabe a new front cover.

Realistically? You would probably be able recoup whatever you spend on the repairs, but not much more. however, a mechanically sound car is easier to sell.

wondering what my 86 GN is worth, and im going to be more honest than the guy i bought it off of.
its a 86 gn with 90xxx miles
thanks, Mark
Hate to bring this thread from the dead but I decided to get on here and see whats new with my old car. I don't really appreciate you talking crap saying " im going to be more honest than the guy i bought it off of". I was completely honest with you and I done the all of the work to the car except the engine work. It was like that when I bought it. The man I bought the car off of didn't know chit about it. I read and learned all on this site. You bought a SOLID car. I sold you a SOLID car. I told you all the info that I could and if you refer back to my original sale thread it lists everything pretty damn thoroughly. If you want I can dig it up and repost it here to show you! Oh btw you tried to jew the hell out of me also cheapskate. If there's a problem you should've pm'd me or called. U did have my cell number. But as I would expect someone to get on the Internet and say something like that. I'm as honest as they come Jack!
The car was a keeper. Very unfortunate that I did have to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.